Watersmeet to Christmas

snopro1000

Can anyone tell me how many miles it would be from Watersmeet to Christmas? Any help would be great. Thank you.

1fujifilm

Can anyone tell me how many miles it would be from Watersmeet to Christmas? Any help would be great. Thank you.

This may be useless information but in my years of snowmobiling I have either chosen to use Watersmeet OR Munising/Christmas as a drop off point as they each are both good hubs. But the ride between the two can be poor as the area in between are in different LES zones. I see that either Watersmeet north and west get snow at similar rates and Munising/Paradise are in a different LES zone. Why; my guess is proximity of geography and wind creating the LES. This can leave the ride from Watersmeet to Christmas less than desirable not to mention a few areas of urban locations in between with stop sign after stop sign (yuk).
Just two cents as I would ride out of Watersmeet and go towards Copper Country, Hurley or Silver City and let the conditions decide. Or, ride out of Munising and head towards Paradise via Grand Marais.

Respectfully, Frank

Hoosier

This may be useless information but in my years of snowmobiling I have either chosen to use Watersmeet OR Munising/Christmas as a drop off point as they each are both good hubs. But the ride between the two can be poor as the area in between are in different LES zones. I see that either Watersmeet north and west get snow at similar rates and Munising/Paradise are in a different LES zone. Why; my guess is proximity of geography and wind creating the LES. This can leave the ride from Watersmeet to Christmas less than desirable not to mention a few areas of urban locations in between with stop sign after stop sign (yuk).
Just two cents as I would ride out of Watersmeet and go towards Copper Country, Hurley or Silver City and let the conditions decide. Or, ride out of Munising and head towards Paradise via Grand Marais.

Respectfully, Frank

That's a good point. We did a cross-UP trip a few years ago, and you end up burning a whole lot of gas on railroad grade straightaways to get between the two good sections. Of course this year burning gas costs half as much as then.

We did this ride several years ago. On the way there we went through big bay and I think it was 250+. On the way home we took the more direct route and if i remember correctly it was right around 200 miles.