WCDC

wiscrev

326508830_1444595839404097_5119751633550101374_n.jpg

Just thought I'd post this. Both the Vintage and WC were a huge success this year. Biggest crowds I've seen in years. The pic is from Sunday's final and I have to say that Friday Night Thunder was even more packed. Corporate suites and Hot Seats were sold out. Both weeks were televised by Flo Sports Racing. Legends Laps coming up on Thursday, Feb 16th, and World Series Cup on Feb 24-26. Was told Legend Laps next year will move to a Sunday so more people can attend. If you need info, see WCDC website. More pics and vids are on their FB. Rev PIc courtecy of SpeedShot Photography.

wiscrev

How many spectators watching from the backstretch ?
Few, but there were some 2-300 from pits. And, yes, I saw your remarks about "back in the day." There used to be trailers or motor homes parked all the way around to turn 3. Only open spots now are at turn 4 and down the front straightaway and I'm going to say there were approximately 10-12. At least we're growing unlike the years between 06-18. I personally think that the switch from 440 champ to F-III [which is a modified 600] has garnered more interest for the fans [although many of the racing teams have balked at the change]. At least the factories are involved again and that helps a bunch.

wiscrev

Just shy of 100 down the straits. Never clocked them but was told that. A surprise to me was that the lap difference between vintage & pro was .5/sec! Those old sleds are fast.

mezz

Just shy of 100 down the straits. Never clocked them but was told that. A surprise to me was that the lap difference between vintage & pro was .5/sec! Those old sleds are fast.
Weight to Horsepower ratios!!! I miss those, get one buried deep, it didn't require 3 men & a winch, pick it up & throw it out of the hole.:D

kirk600

Vintage weekend Jay Middlesteadt #297 was #1 qualifier at 34.291 seconds. During Friday night thunder he was swapping spaces with Matt Goede #28 and beat him with horsepower to the checkered flag. That gave him pole position for Sunday WC....I will say it's the first time I saw anyone pass Matt like he was just another guy, and he kept doing it..probably 6 lead changes in 10 laps! I wish he didn't break his ski in the WC, it would have been a great race. Sabrina Blanchette #79 was the winner in Sundays Vintage WC

Last edited: