Well looky here: Klim Keweenaw Parka

samc

That is cool. I also wonder how it compares to their other jackets on the market. They make a great product and I love mine.

how it compares

Article 1

Article 2

I'm not all that interested in an insulated jacket, as this one is, because I know how to layer with my current shells. They're marketing it towards the on & off trail riders.

Last edited:

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well if it has a HEATED strudel storage pocket, I AM IN! :D

Speaking of strudels, think I will head up to the store and get one.

tilltheend

I usually would say no insulation is better but then again... If the new thinsulate there using still allows good breatability and allows venting it might be ok. Reason I say this is it seems last winter we had more single digit mornings and by the time we made it back the temps were dipping again when we got back to camp. So we you needed to layer up when you grabbed the big trail or had to scoot along a road then ditch the layer in your backpack when we hit the woods, off or on couple times a day or be cold. That being said if it still breaths and the vents are effective it might be a good combo and save space during the day. It seems any jacket I had with a removable liner in never vented well with it in and it was a trail jacket or a shell no in the middle. So probably not for 30 deg+ days but ya I'll check it out and Skylar didnt we talk about a PMSW once? I thought there was plans drawn on a Mosquito Inn cocktail napkin somwhere?

mikeh906

I had an FXR Suit, The jacket had a rear arm to arm zipper, pit zipper vents, and a removable liner, early starts with the liner, zip it out later, vent all day then put it on the way home. Worked very well. Rode in a rainstorm one time and was dry as a bone. Was 329.00 in 2002 Worth every penny, and still use it. The right gear is the start of a great day, and a good end to one. I think the bibs ran 275.00. Seems like alot of money, but can you really spend to much for something that works?

I will have the Keweenaw and Klimate stuff in stock sometime in August. The Keweenaw will require less layering and has more vents than the Klimate. It's designed for the typical michigan off trail rider. A little high speed travel in the cold mornings to get to your play area - vents closed good insulation. Over heating during the day when you're playing - open the vents. Cold ride back to the cabin - vents closed and good insulations.

I'll be riding in a the Keweenaw this year.