Western/Central U.P.

Rode last Friday to Sunday and Thursday and Friday this week. Still could use snow and continued cold but here goes:

WATERSMEET UP THUNDER RIDERS TRAILS:

Trail 3N from Lando to Watersmeet is rideable, bumpy with some gravel and rocks coming up in the middle of the trail. 2 E is surprisingly descent, considering there is never enough snow on it any time of the season. Trail 3N to Bond Falls has a lot of frozen stutter bumps and would have been a lot better if they could have groomed those out before it froze hard last weekend. Theres snow its just rough. 3N from Bond to 8 is much better. A lot of road bed and more snow as you go north.

GRADE: B-

IRON RANGE CLUB TRAILS:

Hello......where are you guys? ARE YOU WAITING FOR "NEXT" CHRISTMAS TO GROOM OR WHAT???!!!
Unbelieveable.......Trail 107 has at least 12 to 20" of snow and no grooming! "You like that!" NO!! Trail 2 E also had good snow, no grooming! Frozen Stutter bumps and moguls, what a mess. You guys used to be some of the best groomers. Was gonna try trail 15 to Sidnaw tomorrow....nope.....not until I hear better things. Last weekend we were moving trees off of 107!

GRADE: F

SNOW VALLEY RIDERS TRAILS:

OOOOOFTA you guys got it goin on eh! A couple weeks of grooming is paying off. Rode 8E to Bruce Crossing, good, 8E to Ewen, good, 8E to Bergland and just the last 5 miles into Bergland were rough. Turned around and took 8W Back to Bruce, Trout Creek , Knton, and Sidnaw. That was LAST weekend and it was real good!

Like the new groomer barn, keep up the good work you guys are getting to be the best around!

GRADE A

BARAGA SNOWDRIFTER TRAILS:

Rode 8/15 to Lanse and it was descent. good snow but no grooming. I attribute the trails to forest roadbeds and snow. Hopefully you guys are grooming more of that good snow now.

8/15S to 109N/12W more of the same needs grooming but good snow and roadbeds. Went to the Rousau Bar, lots of sledders (locals say Roo - saw)

GRADE: C+ (due to ma nature!)

This is my first report due to sparse conditions, however I gotta be honest.........didn't want to tell anyone the good stuff until we got to ride it again yesterday and today!(sorry)

snobuilder

i am surprised to hear the bad report for Iron Range. From there latest report it sounds like they intending to get after it...

[h=3]Groomer Report[/h]We have close to 6 inches of snow on the ground now. The storm last Friday started with 2 inches of heavy wet snow which then turned over to rain for the rest of the day. The temps have started to finally go down, and we are going to try grooming each trail to try to get some of the swamps to freeze up. All trails will be groomed for the 1st time by Friday, January 15th. All trails have minimal snow conditions, but snow is forecast for the next few days. We will just have to wait and see how much we get. We will not groom on a regular schedule until we have at least a foot of snow on the ground. Please use caution on our trails because of low snow conditions.
Trail #2 west– will be groomed on January 13th
Trail #107 to Kenton– will be groomed on January 13th
Trail #15 to Sidnaw–will be groomed on January 14th–15th
Trail #111 to Amasa–will be groomed on January 14th–15th
Trail #2 east–groomed on January 11th
Trail #116 to George Young Complex–groomed on January 11th
Trail # 15 to Wisconsin border–will be groomed on January 12th

whitedust

i am surprised to hear the bad report for Iron Range. From there latest report it sounds like they intending to get after it...

[h=3]Groomer Report[/h]We have close to 6 inches of snow on the ground now. The storm last Friday started with 2 inches of heavy wet snow which then turned over to rain for the rest of the day. The temps have started to finally go down, and we are going to try grooming each trail to try to get some of the swamps to freeze up. All trails will be groomed for the 1st time by Friday, January 15th. All trails have minimal snow conditions, but snow is forecast for the next few days. We will just have to wait and see how much we get. We will not groom on a regular schedule until we have at least a foot of snow on the ground. Please use caution on our trails because of low snow conditions.
Trail #2 west– will be groomed on January 13th
Trail #107 to Kenton– will be groomed on January 13th
Trail #15 to Sidnaw–will be groomed on January 14th–15th
Trail #111 to Amasa–will be groomed on January 14th–15th
Trail #2 east–groomed on January 11th
Trail #116 to George Young Complex–groomed on January 11th
Trail # 15 to Wisconsin border–will be groomed on January 12th

Winter warlock is right on ,imo, to what I rode Thursday. Iron county waited way tooooooo long to groom their trails & it showed. I called let them know my feelings about it in a nice way of course. We have been keeping an eye on 2 for the previous 2 weeks & there was always snow but first groom 1-13 we rode 1-14. I would think 107 is going to studder up big time this weekend with MLK traffic due to frozen in bumps & should have been worked way before this week. 15N/111 forget it needs more snow anybody that rode those trails was looking ugly on Thursday but we were all smiles lol.... what a bunch of grump butts .....do your homework little snow out there from previous years.... Fair at best. It was snowing hard when we rode out of UP Thursday back to Vilas and 10 mile radius around Kenton was snirty in AM way better in PM. No idea how things will hold up during MLK weekend so get out early & back early as not so sure groomers are in the groove yet. I'll be riding Monday but will be interesting to read trail reports.

frnash

… 2 E is surprisingly descent
What, it's all downhill?! :confused:

Unbelieveable.......Trail 107 has at least 12 to 20" of snow and no grooming! …
Yep, that is Unbelievable! :p

… Rode 8/15 to Lanse and it was descent. …
A 'nuther all downhill trail?!:confused:

… Went to the Rousau Bar, lots of sledders (locals say Roo - saw)…
Yep, they call it that, maybe 'cuz it's Rouseau? :confused:

I'm not even going to mention "Knton"! :cool:

(Don't take it personal, I'm just funnin' wit ya. Yep, I sure busted my New Year's Resolution!)

frnash

A 'nuther all downhill trail?! :confused:

…Went to the Rousau Bar, lots of sledders (locals say Roo - saw) …

Yep, they call it that, maybe 'cuz it's Rousseau? :confused:

(Don't take it personal, I'm just funnin' wit ya. Yep, I sure busted my New Year's Resolution!)

- - - Updated - - -

A 'nuther all downhill trail?! :confused:

…Went to the Rousau Bar, lots of sledders (locals say Roo - saw) …

Yep, they call it that, maybe 'cuz it's Rousseau? :confused: