Western UP

yamalaris

I know south of Lake Gogebic its ugly but has anybody been out riding in the past 12 hours? How are the trails from LG north? We're deciding if we should go up this weekend or wait until conditions improve. Any real-time observations would be sincerely appreciated.

peppermill

I haven't been out riding but it has been snowing here since yesterday afternoon and is still snowing now. I was just down to Ewen and was snowing there also. What I could see of the trails from the road the groomer hadn't been out yet but trails had snow on them. The other day when we went down that way they weren't good. RR bed was rocky but today was all snow covered. If this keeps up I would think they would be ok by the weekend. By the looks of the forecast it is suppose to snow all week. Lets hope that happens. Gotta love that LES. Happy trails everyone and be safe.

yamalaris

Scott,

If we go and at this point I think we are, I am also going to leave on Thursday, you're more than welcome to ride with us, just a couple of us this trip. Obviously we will be heading north, I'd like to ride 12N / 13N 3N 122N / 133N into Gay, Bete Grise and then 134N to Copper Harbor then and back this weekend. I expect trails to be thin and icy.

scott_b

Thanks for the offer Scott but I think we will go it alone. We are on a fairly fresh rebuild on my dad's sled and don't want to get too far away until we are sure the underlying issue is gone. Maybe we will see you at the Hoop.

sleddindoo09

If any of you are able to continue with updates over the next few days, that would be great. I am heading to Rockland Feb. 3rd and would appreciate any info. possible. Thanks in advance.

polaris62

If any of you are able to continue with updates over the next few days, that would be great. I am heading to Rockland Feb. 3rd and would appreciate any info. possible. Thanks in advance.

Unless it gets 50 degrees the trails are in great shape. I just came home yesterday and sure wish I could of stayed. We arrived sunday in the rain and monday was so so but monday nite the snow started and has not let up since. We rode thru the mass city rockland area tuesday morn in 12-14 of fresh snow. When we left there was no warmup in the forcast go and have fun wish I was going with.