What about 2 season old fuel?

ICT Sledder

I guess everyone is different. At the end of the season I fill as high as possible up the neck of the tank with premium ethanol free, then add K100 at the long-term storage rate. In my own head, any air gap in the fuel system is going to attract lots of condensation and water over the summer when the air holds drastically more moisture. If you do your best to eliminate that air gap, then apply a stabilizer, it seems like the best approach to me.

For everyone who "drains" how in the world do you confirm you have nothing but clear air in the system? How is that even feasible? I get the idea of running it out of gas but... #1 those last 15 or 30 seconds worry me a lot from a oil/gas mixture perspective and a fuel/air mixture perspective, and #2 there is still going to be leftover gas somewhere in the lines and fuel injection to go bad and varnish and leave deposits.

dfattack

If you are absolutely positive there is no E-gas whatsoever in what you are treating, SeaFoam is great. If you're not sure of no E-gas use StarTron, or K-100. Both have longer term stabilizing capabilities, and prevent phase separation with E-gas. My marine dealer is adamant about this.
Good advice. The stations up north all have ethanol free premium so that's what I use.

xcr440

Careful, I just had a fellow doing the same thing all last summer and he scored a piston, He got it to hot during the summer months. remember these sleds cool with snow onto the heat exchangers..
It’s not hard to not over heat. We all know what temp the thermostat opens, and what temp it tends to cycle around as it opens and closes until all heat exchangers are at operating temp. On the Axys it’s really easy to feel when the return line on the rear cooler is warm, or simply shut her down when the temps climb a couple degrees above the thermostat. Unless you walk away from the sled while it’s running, I don’t know how you could do that.

sxrron

If you are absolutely positive there is no E-gas whatsoever in what you are treating, SeaFoam is great. If you're not sure of no E-gas use StarTron, or K-100. Both have longer term stabilizing capabilities, and prevent phase separation with E-gas. My marine dealer is adamant about this.
I like the Harbor Freight pump. I believe it is on sale for $8 right now. Uses two D batteries. It pumps 5 quarts/minute so it is pretty fast.

old abe

For peace of mind, I would pump it out & put fresh in. I use a cordless pump called a Turbo Pump (As seen on TV). It runs on 3 AA batteries, it works great, for 19.99 well worth it, I've got 2 of them, one I use strictly for gas, I use it to transfer the fuel from my 6 gal cans to my sxs, riding mower & push mower. The other I use to transfer fuel oil into my shop tank.
Say mezz, does it use 3 AA batteries, or 3 D batteries?