What are you doing for Memorial day weekend?

katden4

I am going to my off the grid cabin in northern Wisconsin, planning on taking out the SXS and putting in the pontoon! Have a great fish fry, and drinking some old fashions!

elf

Heading to the cabin in northern MN, doing some work up there, enjoying some campfires and cold beers.

euphoric1

closing shop a couple hours early Friday, heading up to our trailer, hopefully the camp resort has their head out of their butt and everything will be open, we will have the 2 live bands that were supposed to play that weekend and everything will be good, but even if they don't, still better than being at home or at work for a three day weekend!

WorkHardPlayHrd

Going to Denver to finalize my grandmother's estate. She passed 3 weeks ago from a stroke and my Mother who is primary on the papers is not advised to fly. She was 91 and still had her own apartment so I need to move everything to storage. Was waiting for my oldest kids to finish their final reports on Wednesday to leave. Haven't flown in 20 years.😵

whitedust

Going to Denver to finalize my grandmother's estate. She passed 3 weeks ago from a stroke and my Mother who is primary on the papers is not advised to fly. She was 91 and still had her own apartment so I need to move everything to storage. Was waiting for my oldest kids to finish their final reports on Wednesday to leave. Haven't flown in 20 years.��
Sincerely good luck with all that it is quite a heavy physical and mental load to settle estates. I had to do it 3 times for various relatives the worst was my wife’s Aunt in Canada drug on for 3 years mainly because Canada didn’t like money leaving Canada. Best of luck maybe yours will be easy I did 2 without lawyers in USA. If lawyer involved best to sit back and let them take charge if he’s /she’s good no problem. We had to fire 1 Canadian attorney just wouldn’t move the process forward didn’t want to work with US citizens so axed him. Best of luck and PM me if you have questions and I’ll try to help.

slimcake

Working. Somehow my weekend always lands on the holidays. That's alright though. Wife is working everyday so I'm sure I will do some grilling and some drinking. Just around home though

harvest1121

Going to the house in Woodruff Wisconsin going to fish and stay away from everybody. But will order some fish take out from someone. Been around too many people want my social distancing from everyone to just relax. And might be looking at a new UTV.

snobuilder

Honoring them who died while defending our freedom while at my northern WI lake home. Small town ceremony includes a flyover wreath drop in the lake and a bagpiper playing 2 blocks away on the edge of town at the end of the ceremonial speech.

Last edited:

WorkHardPlayHrd

Sincerely good luck with all that it is quite a heavy physical and mental load to settle estates. I had to do it 3 times for various relatives the worst was my wife’s Aunt in Canada drug on for 3 years mainly because Canada didn’t like money leaving Canada. Best of luck maybe yours will be easy I did 2 without lawyers in USA. If lawyer involved best to sit back and let them take charge if he’s /she’s good no problem. We had to fire 1 Canadian attorney just wouldn’t move the process forward didn’t want to work with US citizens so axed him. Best of luck and PM me if you have questions and I’ll try to help.

Thank-you, and I will keep you in mind. Main purpose of this trip is to get everything out of the apartment. Lease ends on May 31 and they want a full year extension. No way. I'm going to box, and she had some friends with grandsons out there that have trucks and backs available on Sunday. $200 bucks cash each, fueled up trucks, and all the pizza they can eat. No current lawyer, but an irrevocable trust that my grandfather did 30 years ago. We plan to just store everything till the debacle in the world is less stressful. She was cremated and requested that part of her ashes be put at a certain National Park where she met Grandpa. Everyone wants to be there and we can't do that right now.

To be honest this one is easy compared to my husband's parents estate. It was truly ugly. The horror stories you hear about siblings that have left the farm vs those that stayed are true. It was a good thing we allready had bought the property and that there was a trust splitting the estate. Without it I think we would still be fighting in court. You never think it can happen to you till it does, and after watching one of my husband's siblings abuse thier power as administrator we allready decided that none of our kids will be our administrator. It will be a law firm we trust with checks and balances. Hopefully it will keep someone from getting out of control. They were raised right and it still happened.

Last edited:

dothedoo

Track day @ Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.

Nice...Northwood's Shelby Club? My son and I were just talking about this after getting an email today that our first track day of the summer, 5/31 at Blackhawk Farms, was cancelled.

I think an unlimited day at RA would be about $2000 in tires, brakes, and gas. lol

Sandylake

Gotta go and pay respect to my grandfather and his brother at the little memorial in Houghton.

Gramps brother died a few weeks after the D Day invasion and my dads father died near Berlin right before the end of the war.

My dad was in kindergarten and very young but he remembers coming home and his mother was on the steps with the telegram crying.

euphoric1

Track day @ Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.

Is the track open for business hopefully? Our trailer is right across the road from there, some people may be annoyed by sound of cars in the morning but I enjoy it, been a bit quiet so far. Have always wanted to take the mustang on the track but a little pricey for a few laps and don't want to wreck the car, maybe someday when income a little more disposable. Glad to hear things will be happening there once again! Good luck and have fun!

snobuilder

Gotta go and pay respect to my grandfather and his brother at the little memorial in Houghton.

Gramps brother died a few weeks after the D Day invasion and my dads father died near Berlin right before the end of the war.

My dad was in kindergarten and very young but he remembers coming home and his mother was on the steps with the telegram crying.

I am grateful for their ultimate sacrifice.

Sandylake

I am grateful for their ultimate sacrifice.

I'm not sure what it is that I feel?

My father, who is 80, won't watch any WWII documentaries, "what if I see my dad?" and he cries.

He doesn't remember anything about his father but what he has seen in photos

1fujifilm

Going to the house in Woodruff Wisconsin going to fish and stay away from everybody. But will order some fish take out from someone. Been around too many people want my social distancing from everyone to just relax. And might be looking at a new UTV.

I got a line on a mega deal on a 2020 Ranger XP 1000; mine comes in later this week.
Text me.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

Nice...Northwood's Shelby Club? My son and I were just talking about this after getting an email today that our first track day of the summer, 5/31 at Blackhawk Farms, was cancelled.

I think an unlimited day at RA would be about $2000 in tires, brakes, and gas. lol

Last weeks R/A event was canceled, sad..would have been a good event to steer clear of folks.

Bear

moen_lake

Heading up to Rhinelander with the family. Going to get the the boat in, do some grilling and have a few drinks. Son wants a new/used waverunner, so will probably be looking for around for one of those?