What are you most excited for?

mikes99ss

What are you most excited for this upcoming winter? Is it a new sled, maybe a ride you have planned? For me....I doing a ride to Houghton from home. It's going to be winter carnival so my son and his 2 best friends get to see the statues for the first time and I got them (Hockey teammates) front row seat to a Tech hockey game and a hotel with a hot tub on the canal. I'm actually building a 96 RXL for one of the boys to ride.

Attachments

• PXL_20240817_174524889.jpg
    PXL_20240817_174524889.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 41

jedoyle

Tend to agree with Indy. Lots of brand-new or almost new stuff to try out this year which is always exciting.
Before last winter I downsized trailers to an almost new Mission Crossover trailer. Never got to see how it towed last year as all our UP trips got cancelled. I also bought a brand-new 2024 Polaris 850 XCR 136 for myself which only got 200 Iowa miles on it. And then this spring we picked up a brand-new 2024 Polaris 850 Indy XC 129 for my wife. It was too good of a deal to say no. So in essence we have 3 new things to try out this year.

hermie

I am looking forward to getting with other club members and starting brushing the trails in anticipation of a decent winter hopefully. It is really sad to see how few people actually pitch in on the trails yet how many complain the trails aren't up to there expectations. After brushing season is done which normally beginning of November, will be waiting and anticipating getting out and enjoying the fruit of our labor if the winter gods can give us some snow.

Last edited:

skiroule

What are you most excited for this upcoming winter? Is it a new sled, maybe a ride you have planned? For me....I doing a ride to Houghton from home. It's going to be winter carnival so my son and his 2 best friends get to see the statues for the first time and I got them (Hockey teammates) front row seat to a Tech hockey game and a hotel with a hot tub on the canal. I'm actually building a 96 RXL for one of the boys to ride.

Awesome sled! You certainly work some magic with those 90’s sleds. That 650 of yours is better than showroom. Like seeing things get built and then put to the test. It will be a memory making trip.

You really should have a thread in the Vintage section on this build. It would be great to follow along as it progresses.

whitedust

Was that RXL the one with all those wires for fuel injection or carbs? I know RXL went with some funky fuelie in mid 90s. My buddy had one rode real well but the fuel injection was a nightmare he sold it right away scared him to death to get parts for it. If you do have the fuelie can you get parts?

mikes99ss

Yes, it's the fuel injection. The secret to success is a FULLY charged battery. I keep mine on a tender. As far as parts obviously the only thing different is the fuel delivery system and I keep a few spare parts but it's largely reliable. I have this weird thing about me that I'm attracted to things I don't understand. (Mechanically) So I enjoy making mine run like a champ when most people would run away.

whitedust

Yes, it's the fuel injection. The secret to success is a FULLY charged battery. I keep mine on a tender. As far as parts obviously the only thing different is the fuel delivery system and I keep a few spare parts but it's largely reliable. I have this weird thing about me that I'm attracted to things I don't understand. (Mechanically) So I enjoy making mine run like a champ when most people would run away.
Mike that’s amazing I thought most RXLs were dead and gone! Best of luck with your rebuild. 👍

mikes99ss

Awesome sled! You certainly work some magic with those 90’s sleds. That 650 of yours is better than showroom. Like seeing things get built and then put to the test. It will be a memory making trip.

You really should have a thread in the Vintage section on this build. It would be great to follow along as it progresses.
I made a thread in vintage sleds with a detailed list in case anyone was wondering what it takes to do a build like this.

snoden

Really looking forward to the upcoming season for a couple of reasons. One I added EPS and an Ice Arrowhead track this off season to my Sidewinder and two my group is headed back to Maine for 10 days.

whitedust

Really looking forward to the upcoming season for a couple of reasons. One I added EPS and an Ice Arrowhead track this off season to my Sidewinder and two my group is headed back to Maine for 10 days.
Tell us about that newly added eps. Where did you get it from and does it fit on Doo 900t? Cost?

snoden

Tell us about that newly added eps. Where did you get it from and does it fit on Doo 900t? Cost?
It's OEM EPS, the guys over on TY figured it out. Purchased all the OEM parts from partzilla, connectors from mouser electronics and wire from Mcmaster Carr. All said and done around $1,250. I did the install myself. I'm dumbfounded that a vendor has not put together an aftermarket EPS unit for Doo. They would sell a boat load of them.

whitedust

It's OEM EPS, the guys over on TY figured it out. Purchased all the OEM parts from partzilla, connectors from mouser electronics and wire from Mcmaster Carr. All said and done around $1,250. I did the install myself. I'm dumbfounded that a vendor has not put together an aftermarket EPS unit for Doo. They would sell a boat load of them.
I totally agree so I’m always looking and hoping a doo eps package is offered. I haven’t been to TY in a very long time. I’m hoping some kick butt graphics will be offered on the last 2025 production run.

heckler56

Interesting. I just saw a guy on Dootalk has a retrofit kit. Turns out he lives about 20 miles from me. Kit is roughly $1.8k and $2.4K installed. I was going to ask my mechanic (DooDr) what he knows about that kit and wether he might create a kit in his machine shop.