What Boots??

sledneck

So i had Klim boots i wore them for 3 season, mind that i ride maybe 800 miles a year as i live in southwest lower michigan. Last year the sole separated, had had contacted klim about this issue for warranty repair or whatever they were willing to do as this is not a normal issue with boots. Anyways Moral of the story is that they are not going to do anything about as to them this is "Normal Wear and Tear" i am really not very happy with there customer service as it is not normal wear and tear but now i'm out of those boots for this Winter. I will not Get Klim again, so what does everyone else wear? How long have they lasted you and do you like them? I ride mostly off trail but i do ride occasional on trail really just looking for a nice warm boot that is still waterproof.

Thanks Sledneck

pez

I really like my HMK voyager. I think I have had them 3-4 years. Bottoms wear out on the running boards. Bought a second paid last year. They are stiff, but I like that
and make sure to get the BOA system.

srt20

I have both Klim and Motorfist. I prefer the Klim personally, but many people including myself have had excellent customer service with Motorfist.

I have the Stomper 2s. They are a tough boot. Ive had them about 3 years I think. They look brand new but again I dont wear them alot because I prefer the Klims. They are heavier than the Klim's, and they arent balanced as well. They also dont breathe as well as the Klim's. That said, they are still better than most on the market. I pretty much only ride out west. Maybe 95% mtns, 5% WI trails.

Maybe the newest Stomper 3 has addressed some of those issues?

Last edited:
T

Tracker

I have used this many times and its good to go...I use CAT TRACKER EXTREMES and love them....I super rough on equipment....so I glue once maybe and then look for new cat tracker extremes...I have also taken them to a cobbler for repair...I say try this on yer klim soles...should be good for a spell

https://www.yelp.com/biz/nicks-shoe-repair-shop-hammond

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cobbler-shop-highland

815N6JMt0AL._SY606_.jpg

bearrassler

I always am interested in reading the threads about boots. I must have good luck with mine because I am only on my second pair of boots since the early 1970's. When I was in high school I got a good pair of Sorel Pac boots and had them for about 20 years, I wore them snowmobiling, hunting, and for general outdoor use. In the early 90's I bought a pair of Polaris Ice Rider Pac boots, they where made by Lacrosse and are the same as their Iceman boots. I wore them deer hunting this past weekend and although they are not the most comfortable for walking they are extremely warm and are still in great shape. I don't have a mountain sled with the real aggressive running boards but probably have at least 40,000 miles on a sled with these and they should last another 10 years I think.

Clintondf

I wear hjc boots, velcro and buckles not the lace ups. Cheap. Comfortable. Durable. Warm. Im on my 2nd set in 14 years. My wife has a pair. I just ordered another pair on closeout dennis kirk to have as a spare or next set when my current pair wears out. For $71 shipped its hard to go wrong. They make good hunting boots when it gets really cold

MZEMS2

I've never owned a pair of "snowmobiling boots", only because I think they're over priced. I just wore a good pair of all purpose winter boots from Cabelas. Check out the ice fishing stuff.....cozy n toasty

Have to agree with the Cabelas boots. I have had mine for 6-7 years and still look great. Lighter, very warm and good support for cankles from sports over the years.