What Do We Do Now? UPDATE

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're wondering what's to become of JohnDee.com, you're not alone. I've had a number of members that have reached out with that very question. So, Nora has asked me to bring everyone up to speed. It's only been a couple of weeks since we lost John and to quote Nora, "my mind is still a fig". But they're doing well, Gracie is back on the ice in competition this weekend. She also wants to post the next Journal entry on her thoughts and prayers, so watch for that!

Now for the update. Once I got past the shock of losing John, I became concerned for the future of the site. John was the Administrator, meaning he was the Engineer that Ran the Train. He paid the bills, collected advertising revenue, everything! My initial concern was to "keep the lights on" so to speak. We didn't want the site to go dark and lose all the graphics, memberships, etc. without an Engineer. Nora's been a real trooper in that area, maybe therapeutic, but she's been much more involved in the daily ops. We did find some invoices that were unpaid and that's been addressed. John may have suffered some memory loss after the lawnmower accident which preceded everything else causing some things to lapse.

Neither Nora nor I are experts on all things Cyber and this website is a 900-pound gorilla when you get inside the workings. I had no idea there were so many moving parts behind the scenes. But we're getting there. The bills are paid, the lights are on, Gracie and Nora are managing the best they can.

For the future, I don't think you'll see many changes. John's forecasts leave a big hole and I'm not sure where we will go with that. That'll be Nora's call when the time comes. One thing that is certain, she is adamant that JohnDee.com continues in its present form. So, we'll carry on as John would've wanted! Think Snow & Good Night from the Kee!

euphoric1

Thank you Nora, Gracie and Gary! I think the importance of this site was shared by all of us, I am as I'm sure we are all very grateful for your guy's hard work and commitment to keeping it going, means a lot to me and I'm sure all of us, lots of relationships and friendships shared and forged here.

THANK YOU!
Brian Lehman
euphoric1

skiroule

Thanks for the update Gary!. I’m sure it’s possible to track how many times a person visits this site from a particular IP address in a day. Think I’d be surprised at my numbers. A day wouldn’t be the same without the JohnDee.com.

Thank you Nora, Grace, Gary. Can't imagine the work for John to get this site up an running, an keep it going for all these years. Good to hear as part of the snowmobile community here, we all may be able to continue down the snowy path that John has started.

dwz

Thanks Nora,Gracie, Gary for all your hard work on this site! Looking forward to honoring your family next summer as we celebrate John’s life!

mezz

Thank you for the update Gary & Thank You to Nora & Grace. The site can & will continue on without a forecast despite missing a portion of what we've all become accustom to. It simply wouldn't be the same anyway & IMO it should not be substituted. As I stated previously, there are other sources for that. We can all contribute by way of sharing our local conditions to help those seeking information as we have in the past. One step at a time, & one day at a time.

Bradzoo

Thanks for the update Gary. Nora and Gracie thanks for keeping this going, I know it has to be a burden with everything else you have going on. Grace that was a wonderful journal post.

Bradzoo