What is it about snowmobiling?

Cat600

In the summer it's the anticipation...just seeing the sled under the cover makes me wanna go. In the fall I love taking the cover off, cleaning 'er up and sitting on it and amagining runnin down the trail. When winter starts I love loading the trailer, breaking out the suit and helmet and smelling the two stroke on em. I love planning the trip itself. The ride up is fun talking trash in the truck with friends about who has the faster sled and/or who is the better rider. I love pulling up to the cabin, getting out of the truck and hearing sleds off in the distance. I love the feeling of "hurry up and get um unloaded and gettin down the trail" . I love the hospitality of the people up north and all of the great places to eat and havin a beer afterwards. I love sitting in front of the fireplace after a long days ride and sleeping like a log just to get up and do it all over again the next day.

All that.

Smelling the 2-stroke exhaust

hmmm 2 stroke exhaust.

Plus I love that when you ride, you don't have time to think about anything outside of sledding. Other than oh s**t I'm going to fast for the next corner, putting thoughts of work, bills, repairs, and what ever other problems you have to the side for a few hours ride. It's almost blissful to be out on a trail.

Bradzoo

Very well put!

I was in the trailer last nite getting a spare bungie net to take on the bike and I had to sit on the sled, walked in the house told the wife i just can't wait to go sleddin, really starts getting the blood pumping when the day's start getting shorter.

mrsrunningbear

I get asked this alot from some friends and relatives. For me the answer is I love EVERYTHING about it. In the summer it's the anticipation...just seeing the sled under the cover makes me wanna go. In the fall I love taking the cover off, cleaning 'er up and sitting on it and amagining runnin down the trail. When winter starts I love loading the trailer, breaking out the suit and helmet and smelling the two stroke on em. I love planning the trip itself. The ride up is fun talking trash in the truck with friends about who has the faster sled and/or who is the better rider. I love pulling up to the cabin, getting out of the truck and hearing sleds off in the distance. I love the feeling of "hurry up and get um unloaded and gettin down the trail" . I love the hospitality of the people up north and all of the great places to eat and havin a beer afterwards. I love sitting in front of the fireplace after a long days ride and sleeping like a log just to get up and do it all over again the next day. Even the ride home is fun talking about the memories we all just made the last few days. Ect ect ect ect.

What do you all love about it?

So well put! :)

I just love SNOW, I Think Snow all the time, can't wait for the first Flake to fall! I can't wait for this year! This will be my first year in many years that I will be able to ride. We're shopping for a new/used sled for me too! I love snowmobiling! We were doing ATV trail work yesterday and rode trail 2 from Watersmeet to Iron River, talk about getting it going, BRRAAAAP was said a lot :D

mtb1115

"If they have to ask, they just don't understand"...... I love sitting out on the boat on the 4th of July when it's near 100 degrees trash & trip talking....

polarisrider1

First time side. 1972 no sleds at all. Got one on snow check, this economy needs to get rolling so I can" buy american" again. Sad point is america includes both north, south and china (america) this time around.