What is up........

buddah2

with these f****** temperatures? It's still not supposed to get back to "normal" for over yet another week.......and normal for up here is still only mid 20's..........

(Probably just frustration showing since I haven't been anywhere near a sled all year as yet)

D

Deleted member 10829

I hear ya, but it does beat the alternative of a warm up and melting snow. Then we'd really be upset!

Yooper_Bob

Hey Buddah!

I'm with ya'. My furnace never seems to stop running.

I was thinking of heading over to Curtis/Newberry this weekend to meet up with some folks and ride, but it's just too darn cold!

Guess I'll fire up the furnace in the garage, and continue with my attempt at installing a backup camera in my truck.

....so.....how your wiring skills? :p

buddah2

I hear ya, but it does beat the alternative of a warm up and melting snow. Then we'd really be upset!

I'm not advocating a real warm up/melt.......but "normal" of +5F or so at night and +20F during the day would be a nice "break"........also keep in mind all this white s*** simply ain't no fun when you can't get out and play in it..........

D

Deleted member 10829

If we waited for perfect conditions we would never ride. Put on some gauntlets and get out and enjoy the trails while no one else is out there. Nothing else should get cold if you have good gear.

dblshock

with these f****** temperatures? It's still not supposed to get back to "normal" for over yet another week.......and normal for up here is still only mid 20's..........

(Probably just frustration showing since I haven't been anywhere near a sled all year as yet)

right, you would expect some days below avg. but this has been almost non-stop since November..suprised it's not a bigger topic.

Yooper_Bob

I do......so temps have absolutely nothing to do with it.........meanwhile if only you had a quick fix for lower back "issues"...........

I think that's just "old age", and currently there is no "quick fix" for that....well, maybe one, but we won't go there.

groomerdriver

Not to steal John's thunder but the longest range prognosticators don't see a significant pattern change for the foreseeable future.....end of February! Holy waa!!!!

snocrazy

Gonna get you out this winter Buddah!
Just got in. Rode all day. Dam it is cold out there. Time for a new helmet with defrost.

buddah2

Gonna get you out this winter Buddah!
Just got in. Rode all day. Dam it is cold out there. Time for a new helmet with defrost.

I've ridden in these temps.......just not real fond of it........but that is NOT the limiting factor........we'll see how the end of next week goes...........

indybru

I've ridden in these temps.......just not real fond of it........but that is NOT the limiting factor........we'll see how the end of next week goes...........

Hate to admit it, cold keeping us home. Besides snowmobiling I have annual ski passes at Big Powderhorn & Blackjack only went skiing and snowmobiling one day each. Want to get up for 4-6 days asap , not much for my wife & I to work with these temps.

The winter weekends are disappearing.

frnash

Southern Louisiana today

Just for yuks:

As seen on the north shore (Lake Ponchartrain, New Orleans metro area) today:

Sneaux.jpg

From the Times-Picayune, January 24, 2014, (7:18AM): "List of New Orleans, Northshore weather-related closures for Friday, Jan. 24" Quoted in part:

"Various schools and government offices, primarily on the Northshore, are closing due to the winter weather.

"Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in both directions, as of 8:20 a.m.

"I-55 is closed in both directions between I-10 (Laplace) and US 51B (Ponchatoula) due to icy conditions."

Yup, global warming.

just_ride

on the positive side, it was cold this morning, but warmed up to about 20 after lunch...... good riding all day, traffic was light..... many smiles

Attachments

• DSC00227.jpg
    DSC00227.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00230.jpg
    DSC00230.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 34

Polarice

If you're bored head down to my place and fire up the wood stove and watch some tv :) It would cut down on my enormous electric bill and give ya something to do :)