WHAT IS WITH ALL THE ADS???

dfattack

I’ve always disliked them and even suggested an optional paid subscription to go add free. Nothing huge but enough to get rid of all the clutter. Never saw a response to that comment.

Then it will turn into the debate about pops ups or which add blockers you have, etc. That won’t fix all the add isssues

ddhanna

I get zero ads. Spent an hour one day experimenting with adblockers on Firefox / Windows 11 and now use uBlock Origin.

mezz

I have never had an ad blocker, I didn't need it, however, using Google Chrome with Win 10 at the office & the same bowser with Win 11 at home. Lately the ads have been multiplying in the Forum catagories themselves as well as to the Left & Right. Not sure why, or, what to do about trying to mitigate them. I do realize that there are paying advertisers, but, I have no idea where their placement is suppose to be, it's never been this bad before.

m8man

Yah I don’t have any ads on other forums but here it went nuts.
Use to be just the sides or top and bottom but now between threads and even posts,

I just looked at my blocking stats and it shows 352 adds blocked on this site in less than one minute. Never seen such a high number on any site before.

old abe

I have never had an ad blocker, I didn't need it, however, using Google Chrome with Win 10 at the office & the same bowser with Win 11 at home. Lately the ads have been multiplying in the Forum catagories themselves as well as to the Left & Right. Not sure why, or, what to do about trying to mitigate them. I do realize that there are paying advertisers, but, I have no idea where their placement is suppose to be, it's never been this bad before.
Yeah, it seems to have a lot to do with it being "Google"?:unsure:

snomoman

This has nothing to do with ads or anything but after reading this particular reply it made me think…I wonder how Bowser from
Sha na na is doing these days…haha

wiscrev

This has nothing to do with ads or anything but after reading this particular reply it made me think…I wonder how Bowser from
Sha na na is doing these days…haha
Hey, as far as I know, Bowser is doing great hosting Do Wop concerts. [PBS reference]

mezz

They are multiplying like rabbits and only on this site. This just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

mezz

The ads that I am seeing have nothing to do with a recent search, these ads range from quanset huts to ladies lingerie. I've been on adsense & opted out of everything & to no avail they keep coming & in between the posts in the threads.