What max hours have any of you seen on a sea doo jet boat?

jjj70095

I have a 2012 orange sea doo sporters 155, 220 hours and running great. How many hours can I expect to get on this boat? I hardly ever go over 20 mph on it....just general lake cruising.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
You didn't say if you bought it new or used. Regardless, this boat is averaging less than 30 hours per year. As with all things mechanical, maintenance is the key to longevity. Regular oil and filter changes along with clean fuel will keep your engine purring like new. A big advantage jet propulsion offers is fewer moving parts. Again, this can add to the lifespan of your boat. I still see watercraft from 25 years ago, still on the water. I would expect many more years of service from your Jet Boat.

jjj70095

I bought it new in 2012, the last model seadoo jet boat made. Still have original impleller and o-ring. Maintained every year.

However, have
had two twigs stuck in past two weeks, and have gone years without twig problems. I put boat on lift and go inside with long screwdriver to get out the twig.
I wonder if the impeller is getting worn and allowing these cracks for twigs to get stuck. The impeller looked ok to me when I put a flashlight on it.

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had quite a bit of experience with jets over the years. Sticks and Twigs are one thing, stones will do serious damage. I got into a weed bed a couple of years ago while towing another boat. I was lucky to get back to the dock before the engine overheated. That time I had to remove the Impellor Guard to get the debris out.

On a footnote; it's interesting to note that Sea Doo stopped making their models and Yamaha is selling theirs as fast as they can build them. "Whatever floats your boat."

jjj70095

What are prices on new yamaha jet boats? I see the other vendor (Scarab) now is charging about $37k for a new 155 boat...I paid $14k for the new sea doo.
This is insane.

whitedust

Scarab like Donzi following has always been sold to high rollers. Are they good boats yes but way overpriced imo.