What the state of michigan is doing now!

jonesin

The state held an on line meeting yesterday for 30k plus employees and notified them that they will be only working 4 day weeks for the next 10 weeks and the kicker is this, THEY WILL GET THE FULL $600 A WEEK ON TOP OF THEIR PAYCHECKS!
My friends wife does accounting for the state, has been working from home and was in on the meeting!
State will "save money" is their logic
I am so wound up right now :(

xcr440

The state held an on line meeting yesterday for 30k plus employees and notified them that they will be only working 4 day weeks for the next 10 weeks and the kicker is this, THEY WILL GET THE FULL $600 A WEEK ON TOP OF THEIR PAYCHECKS!
My friends wife does accounting for the state, has been working from home and was in on the meeting!
State will "save money" is their logic
I am so wound up right now :(

LOL - Are they determined to be under some sort of financial hardship going to 4 days a week, thus qualifying for the Federal $600/week? If so, yeah, the state “saves” paying their employees 20% so they can grab $600 from the feds. LOL

I would really like to know how that works if someone has more info.....

jonesin

I would post it if I could find it
its a coworkers wife, he said he cant believe it either but thats what they were all told unless the guy doing the meeting mis spoke. It has to come out if its true and when it comes out I hope that the **** HITS THE FAN AND PEOPLE GET OUTRAGED, enough is enough with this bull****!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...tate-employees-to-take-temporary-layoff-days/
the 4 day week is true for sure, trying to find the $600 per week

2TrakR

State announced this on Wed, but press release does not list the federal $ amount. Basically, they are furloughing workers one or more days a week, but using the federal cares act $ to pay the employees for those days, so the workers get a paid day off each week. Oh, and it's a Monday that they get off from the staff I've heard from. So... State takes Fed money, gives State employees paid three day weekend, less work is done by government, so the taxpayers lose out twice as much. 2x = (1) taxes to Fed being used to pay for day off/week to state employee; (2) Taxes paid to State for 5 days of services, now providing 4 days of service.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90640-528999--,00.html

jonesin

The email just went out, they also get 20% of the regular unemployment for the 1 day off and $600 from fed, so extra $700+ a week!!!!
BUYING VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!