What trip(s) have you cancelled so far?

John called it this winter, and so did just about every other weather outlet in the country. I have this feeling as El Nino poops out later this summer next winter will be quite the opposite of this year, or at least some semblance of normalcy. As John would say, eventually things will balance out, the longer it's bad the better chances it will be good <at some point>. Looking back, seasons following a warm winter are usually pretty good!
So, the weather guys pretty much assign El Nino/La Nina based on an index (think averaging of measurements over a large area to get a single number) There is weak/moderate/strong index values of each El Nino and La Nina and also neutral where the index is near 0.
Strong El Nino conditions (like this year) are nearly unambiguous historically resulting in warm/very warm winters in central North America. Other years like this are 1997-98 and 2015-16 in recent memory. This is why every seasonal outlook got this right, in terms of winter seasonal forecasting there isn't a stronger slam dunk to be had.
Unfortunately, every other state of El Nino/La Nina condition is a crapshoot for central North America winter and examples of snowing/cold winters can be found for each just as warm/dry ones.
For central North America cold/snowy winters there is slight preference to weak La Nina conditions statically. But that can fall on its face as well, 2011-12 was a weak La Nina and very warm/dry. Alaska was very cold and snowy that year like this year too.

snoden

We are leaving sunday morning for Maine. Had this booked since last March. There will be some sketchy areas but there should be some nice stuff too. Too bad this last storm missed them. I saw that in the long range about 2 weeks ago hitting maine. Apparently I didn't cross enough stuff.
First, safe travels....it's a long pull for sure. Lots of good riding to be had. The worst part is fuel stops, bare surfaces at all gas stations and a little thin near road crossings. Once your passed all that the trails were awesome. What area you headed to?