whats new???

dab102999

John how does the whats new section work....i mean is it tied to the last time i was on at all or is it just set to a specific # of hours...i like that feature. Use it on a few dif. sites I hit but cant quite figure this one out. Sometimes there will be a lot of post on it and sometimes not.

dcsnomo

John how does the whats new section work....i mean is it tied to the last time i was on at all or is it just set to a specific # of hours...i like that feature. Use it on a few dif. sites I hit but cant quite figure this one out. Sometimes there will be a lot of post on it and sometimes not.

It shows the threads from all forums that you have not "read". So when you read a thread it changes from bold to normal font and will not appear next time. What's real handy is to use "mark all posts read" when you are done and it clears out the queue. I use this feature all the time.

Anyway, I think that's how it works!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It shows the threads from all forums that you have not "read". So when you read a thread it changes from bold to normal font and will not appear next time. What's real handy is to use "mark all posts read" when you are done and it clears out the queue. I use this feature all the time.

Anyway, I think that's how it works!

Sounds good to me! Actually, I receive an e mail for every post on the board, so that is the way I keep track of new posts. So I really have never used the What's New feature, but did check it out and I believe dcsnomo is correct in all he said.

-John