Whats wrong in this picture....

snocrazy

It never ends. Had one heck of a walk in deeper snow than my boots last night. Had the SRX out in the mashed potatoes and sudden lock up of track and over the bars I went. Seems I lost the plastic end off of the front of the rail in the rear suspension. I run my track pretty lose so the deep snow was pushing in on the front of the track and it caught.

srx - track.jpg

Ohhhhh Kip..... 121x15x1.5 I see a trip to Greenland in my future.

snobuilder

If yur gonna ride alone just trade it in for something newer and reliable like an Apex or a switchback pro X if yur off trail ...otherwise next time the wolves might eat you.
No cell service?

snocrazy

That sled has never failed me in 13,000 miles. I self maintain and am anal about it.
No other 4 stoke sled I have ridden pulls or rides like the srx and have no plans on giving up on it.
I have an off trail sled too. 2003 Mountain Viper 700. Yes I am holding on to the past.

Last weekend one of my friends rode the srx. He has been Arctic Cat all his life. He is looking for a SRX now. You can get them so cheap.
Said he has never felt a sled pull so hard and be so locked in to the trail like a bullet train on tracks.

This time of year the srx is so fun in the soft mashed potato snow.
Wheelies like you would not believe for long stretches. I go thru 2 mud flaps a year ripping them off. Ill off trail that beast any where mountain sleds can go in the spring. Powder is a no go for the most part.

No cell phone service around here with out booster.
I'm usually careful about venturing to far off trail when alone. Some times we take risks to do what we love!
There was a small window of warm. Jeans and a light sweat shirt. Now its cold and all concrete again.
I bet I could take same walk today and walk right on top of the snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother with a new track, just pick up this one listed in the classifieds

http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/sh...02-Custom-SRX-Keweenaw-Special-146-quot-track

I saw that thing. It is nice. Price.... not so nice. I would put my 2003 Viper Mountain up against it.

buddah2

..... Seems I lost the plastic end off of the front of the rail in the rear suspension. I run my track pretty lose so the deep snow was pushing in on the front of the track and it caught.

Those end caps must taste good......my RS Nytro used to eat them regularly........luckily I never had your results......

hermie

Check out tracks USA seems to be the best price if you want a new track. Haydays is only 5 months away.

buddah2

.......I saw that thing. It is nice. Price.... not so nice. ......

No kidding......It would be fun to have as a play sled but I always figured when adding aftermarket "stuff" that the $$$ spent on said "stuff" was a throwaway........I will admit this guy added a LOT but it is still a 13 y.o. sled.......14 yrs by time next season starts......IMHO he's asking about twice what he should expect......even that number might be a tad high for that old a sled, I don't care what it has added............

borderstaff

When you put the new track on it spend $80 on an anti-stab wheel kit. You won't have to worry about this happening again.