When You Were Fifteen...

rph130

Sounds exactly how it was for me too. Grew up in Glenview. Our house backed up to the forest preserve so we took the horseback riding trails to the Wilmette golf course and bike trails. Cops would try to stop us at the road crossings but couldn't catch us. They never had the desire apparently to follow the sled tracks back to our house. It was fun for sure.
If I remember correctly, there was a golf course in Glenview or Morton Grove, Golf Road/Harms Road area that allowed snowmobiles on the property, legally. We would ride there on the bike/horse trails from the Niles area of Howard and Caldwell by Tam O Shanter golf course. That was a pretty long cruise for 15 year olds, in the dark.

Reactions: gpt

dfattack

If I remember correctly, there was a golf course in Glenview or Morton Grove, Golf Road/Harms Road area that allowed snowmobiles on the property, legally. We would ride there on the bike/horse trails from the Niles area of Howard and Caldwell by Tam O Shanter golf course. That was a pretty long cruise for 15 year olds, in the dark.
Yes, Glenview golf club. We never made it that far south. Too nervous that we would get caught. Didn’t want to piss off dad.

yamadooed

Well the year would have been 1979 for me and more than likely I would not have been riding the sled yet as there wouldn't have been enough snow. So I probably would have been sitting out in the shanty on the chain passing time... A month from now I'd be riding my AC Jag 340 in the famous blizzard of 79 powder. :)

Reactions: gpt