where to ride in mn

snowchief

Was looking for a place to go for a quick trip as far south as possible wondering with this new snow hitting up through Duluth how far south the groomers would be out with descent trails?

xcr440

At this point, any answer is speculation.

With what was there two weeks ago, I would go all the way to Finland and ride north. I wouldn't start any further south if you want good to excellent conditions.

At this point, any answer is speculation.

With what was there two weeks ago, I would go all the way to Finland and ride north. I wouldn't start any further south if you want good to excellent conditions.
Exactly!
Take the extra time and head up the shore.We have road tofte and north mostly this year and have had excellent conditions.If your spending money to ride might as well have great conditions.

snowchief

Have been to crane lake three times this year was hoping that today's snow got the trails south better like say cloquet

red_dog

Rode Virginia to Tower last weekend. All doable but snow is very low and we hit rocks occasionally. If it gets warm enough to melt up there forget it. Further north, the better it gets.

snowfish

Do yourself a favor and head up to Tofte MN.

011%20Boreal%20forest_zpsmncrua3m.jpg

Road Wednesday - Friday, last week, and conditions were about as perfect as they get.

004%20Tree%20over%20Trail_zpshb40sfeq.jpg

Road from Isabella, to Gunflint trail, and a few spurs in between. All good, but be careful on the Beaver Trail by Lutsen. Some kind of an ice flowage thing going on.

008%20Huge%20Ice%20Flow_zpsm95fzwkp.jpg

The closer, to the lake, the thinner the snow. Stay up on the hill, and life is good.

013%20Tony%20on%20side%20of%20trail_zpsqacu64hn.jpg