Where to ride?

snocrazy

Don't forget there is still a ton of snow in the woods.. We just need warmer temps so it is not concrete.
Should be riding out in the plains for weeks yet.

oktaneho

I'm sure there's plenty in the woods, it's just getting through towns and in places to get gas/food that I worry about. Is that a problem right now?

Are there any certain trails that should be avoided in this area right now due to bare roads?

I'm talking about the Seney, Munising, Grand Marais area.

Just want to make sure this is worth a 7 hr drive for us.

bladeguy

I pulled in to seney last night. Driving around town its looks pretty good for getting around town here. The website said to take trail 431 in and out of town. I am told we can now get in and out of Grand Marais. Not sure how good it is or how long it will last. I haven't ridden yet but looking around it doesn't look too bad. I saw a thread that said to avoid Newberry they stopped grooming a while back. And it usually gets rough around bad area. paradise has also stopped grooming. well as evidenced by the fact that I am here if it were me I would come lol!

Let us know how everything is. We have a group of 3-4 people and we are leaving in the morning for four days so hopefully everything stays good.

I pulled in to seney last night. Driving around town its looks pretty good for getting around town here. The website said to take trail 431 in and out of town. I am told we can now get in and out of Grand Marais. Not sure how good it is or how long it will last. I haven't ridden yet but looking around it doesn't look too bad. I saw a thread that said to avoid Newberry they stopped grooming a while back. And it usually gets rough around bad area. paradise has also stopped grooming. well as evidenced by the fact that I am here if it were me I would come lol!

Coming up Sunday, can you get in and out of Grand Marais?

bladeguy

Coming up Sunday, can you get in and out of Grand Marais?

Yes. As of yesterday it's not too bad. It's going to take a hit today but I think you should be able too. The sun is strong this time of year so I cannot say for sure. Tomorrow.