Where's the SNOW!?!

snowlover_77

Yep. Especially with the warm weather predicted for Sunday, not liking that. Hope it gets cold and starts snowing decent before the end of rifle season.

snow_monkey

The wooley catipillar has thin rings this year, mild winter. It looks like this winter we will be doing the lake effect snow band dance!!

matti

Go to northern MN:

RAIN WILL MIX WITH SNOW AND POSSIBLY CHANGE TO ALL SNOW SATURDAY
AFTERNOON ACROSS THE BORDERLAND AND THE RAINY LAKE REGION. ALTHOUGH
IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE SPECIFIC AMOUNTS AT THIS TIME...THERE
IS A POTENTIAL FOR A FEW INCHES ACCUMULATION.

El nino is killing us so far. (so I have been told)

Although, I have played 6 rounds of golf in the month of November thus far in Chicago.

60 degrees and sunny today. Should be working on the sled, but I always end up waiting until just before the first trip so i can stay up late all night dreaming of the first ride..........

mikes99ss

At the risk of sounding negative. I live in the southern part of the U.P. and we are NOT EVEN CLOSE to being ready for snow. The temps are near 50 and are supposed to stay there for the foreseeable future. I was out on the ol' enduro last Sunday and it is just as wet and muddy in the woods as if it were mid summer. At this rate we will be luck to be riding by Christmas. Even if we got snow right now it would still be a mud bog out there. I know everyone wants snow right now but we need cold more than anything to freeze things up. That process hasn't even started yet and opening day is only 2 weeks away
sad.gif

bigvin

<font color="0000ff">Mike, I hear ya! Looks bleak.
sad.gif
</font>

<font size="+2">C'mon COLD Weather! Let's start FREEZING!</font>

bryan_t

Just did a little weather check for northern wisconsin..last year in november we were much colder..almost 10 degrees colder per day on average..in fact my parents had ice on their lake in LDF before thanksgiving (last year this week, the lake had it's first thin crust of ice)..this year the lake is wide open.

On a positive note...we had NO Measurable snow that fell and stayed with us until after the thanksgiving holiday..so there is lots of hope..we sledheads always get sooooo antsy this time of the year, that we forget what we had for snow the previous year..we always think it fell earlier than it really did..and lots more..funny how our minds work isn't it??? lol

I know one thing..it will snow and it will get cold..I have never seen a brown xmas here in northern wisconsin in the 18 yrs I have lived here..has the snow been thin at times..YES..but never bare...even in EL NINO years...and even when we have had thin snow years..we always had ice on the lakes..sometimes it hasn't been safe until after the new years..but we have always had ice up here.

Be patient folks..it's coming...besides...my sled isn't back from the shop yet (that means no snow for you, until i can ride too!!) LMAO!!!

matti

Some forecasts are pointing to highs in the low 20s in another 1.5 weeks or so. Long ways out, so who knows. The cold weather will eventually get here.

groomerdave

Just my $.02 - Were going to pay for the "nice" weather we are having. I would rather have it be warm now then in March. Seems like we have had warm weather followed by cold weather for the past few years. We are just in a warm and dry cycle like we had in September. October was cold and wet, so hopefully December is cold and wet. That is what my crystal ball says and I'm sticking to it!
Think Snow! -Dave

chords

Ah, so what its been a little warm. I kinda like it. We can skip that in between and one day soon WHAMMO it will be cold and snowing and stay there. And next thing ya know the sun starts setting later. And by end of Jan we start getting back some of that Daylight Savings.

All kinds of weather records set in UP for Oct inc daily snowfall.