Which one to buy?

Tankjo

OK friends, I have a dilemma here, I'm going to buy a new DOO I love the GSX SE (i have one already). My problem is do I get the 600 e-tec or the 800 e-tec. I can spring order or buy 2012. I'm NOT a big power guy. We just like trail riding. We put on 2500 this year(even in a bad snow year), so BIG power is not needed. But that being said I"M A BIG GUY. I Love the mpg the 600 is giving us. Does the 800 really get 18mpg(trail riding)? I know the 800 has had It's problems, but my dealer said they worked them out. The difference between the price of a 2013 600 n a 2012 800 is about the same. I am leaning towards the 2013 600. Any help on the issues of the 800 would help. I know Ski Doo backs up their 800 motors. Plus when it comes to trade in time the 800 will be worth more. All your feedback will be nice to hear.
Thanks Tankjo

scott_b

If you are strictly trail riding would you consider the 1200? More power than the 600, better economy than the 800 (?) and the life of the engine should be much longer than a 2s.

renegade2011

i own both a '11 1200 for trail riding and a '12 600 etec for on/off trail both are excellent machines. Both are renegades. You cant go wrong for trail riding a 1200 more power then you will ever need and pretty good fuel economy as well. 600 is alot lighter and raced my cousin that was riding my 1200 and it gave it a runs for its money both topped 100.

ffemt

1200 hands down best trail machine just bought one this yr got 918 mile on it love it came off a 600 sdi renegade also great sled. Only down side is the 600 sdi is much easier going thru 4 ft of snow verses the 1200

whitedust

OK friends, I have a dilemma here, I'm going to buy a new DOO I love the GSX SE (i have one already). My problem is do I get the 600 e-tec or the 800 e-tec. I can spring order or buy 2012. I'm NOT a big power guy. We just like trail riding. We put on 2500 this year(even in a bad snow year), so BIG power is not needed. But that being said I"M A BIG GUY. I Love the mpg the 600 is giving us. Does the 800 really get 18mpg(trail riding)? I know the 800 has had It's problems, but my dealer said they worked them out. The difference between the price of a 2013 600 n a 2012 800 is about the same. I am leaning towards the 2013 600. Any help on the issues of the 800 would help. I know Ski Doo backs up their 800 motors. Plus when it comes to trade in time the 800 will be worth more. All your feedback will be nice to hear.
Thanks Tankjo

For high milage trail rider GSXSE 1200 only way to go. 600 will last longer than 800 but GSX platform was designed for 4s. When you put on big miles 4s should alawys be 1st choice.

misty_pines

Between the 800 e-tec and the 600 e-tec, the 800 of course has a lot more power although the mileage is very good. I get an easy 17 mpg on my 800 e-tec Backcountry trail riding. I've ridden mine now for two season and it has ran perfectly. The 800 does use a bit more oil that the 600 e-tec. For the type of riding you describe, if chosing between these two motors, the 600 is probably your best bet as it has great power for a 600 and very efficient and reliable. Good luck with your choice.

jr37

If I had your kind of money, I would just buy 1 of each and decide for myself.

Just kiddin buddy, I'm sure you will get good advice here.

harski

It does sound like a 1200 is what you're looking for. Power range should be in-between the 600 & 800 with the mileage of the 800. The plus too will be not worrying about the oil. Good luck!

Harski

Tankjo

Now jr37,I'm living my dream!!! Plus I have no beautiful kids to support anymore. (grandson doesn't count) Maybe next year we can put some miles on together!

Tankjo

Thanks for all the help everyone, Still haven't made up my mind. I'm heading to the dealer today,not sure I'll buy yet but just going anyhow.

russholio

Tankjo -- I'm in the same boat, except my dilemma was deciding between the 600 and the 1200. The more I hear about the 1200, the easier the decision has become. Nobody seems to have anything bad to say about it.

i picked up the GSX SE with the 800etec a month ago and love it. only have 300 miles on it, the air suspension is great but have never riden one with the RMotion. too good of deal at the end of the year, only $800 difference between the 600 and 800 so no brainer. the 1200 was almost the same price as the 800 but I like the snap and like to get a different sled every 4-5 years. next one will probably be the 1200. have fun.

Tankjo

Looks like the 800 won out

Thanks again guys. But I think I'll be getting the 800,way too good of a deal to pass up. Very tough choice. The 1200 sounds good also. If I'm not happy with the 800 there will be an almost new 012 GSX SE up for sale next year, jr37, are you listening?

whitedust

I'm sure you will be happy with power of 800 etek. Keep an eye on engine light use BRP oil & should be Aok. If light flickers back off or flick the throttle as maybe riding in lean spot. Enjoy GSX SE great handling sled! :)