Who is still riding mid November?

polarisrider1

Bought a 2015 Street Glide Special about 3 weeks ago. Put it into storage 4 times. Rode again today, got my 1000 bonus riding miles on it in that time. What a jump from my 99 Heritage Springer with a tired carburated Evo motor.

jedoyle

Congrats. You will love it. I have a '14 SGS (Amber Whiskey color) with 8,500 miles. I can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Just put it officially in storage the weekend before last. Enjoy your new ride!

polarisrider1

Congrats. You will love it. I have a '14 SGS (Amber Whiskey color) with 8,500 miles. I can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Just put it officially in storage the weekend before last. Enjoy your new ride!

So far I love it. I added the HD led bag lights. Not the ones that go on the filler section,but the ones that go horizontal just below the bag lids. Lights things up on the back. Also swapped out the 2 halogen headlight bulbs for white led bulbs. I went with the black bike with silver pinstrips.

jedoyle

I haven't done the 2 things you mentioned although I have thought of doing a Daymaker headlamp. The stock low beam is not very bright at night.
Some things I did do are... Rush headers, Rinehart 4" mufflers, SE Ventilator AC, SE Race Tuner with bike dyno'd, passenger footboards, 4 point docking with sissy bar, LA Chopper 12" bars with chrome housings and braided lines, the rest is pretty minor stuff. I will say besides the race tuner and making the bike sound better the LA Chopper bars were the best thing I did. My arms rest straight out while riding and I don't feel slunched over like I did on my old 2009 SG with the bars so low.

polarisrider1

I haven't done the 2 things you mentioned although I have thought of doing a Daymaker headlamp. The stock low beam is not very bright at night.
Some things I did do are... Rush headers, Rinehart 4" mufflers, SE Ventilator AC, SE Race Tuner with bike dyno'd, passenger footboards, 4 point docking with sissy bar, LA Chopper 12" bars with chrome housings and braided lines, the rest is pretty minor stuff. I will say besides the race tuner and making the bike sound better the LA Chopper bars were the best thing I did. My arms rest straight out while riding and I don't feel slunched over like I did on my old 2009 SG with the bars so low.

Sweet! That reminds me, I did add the "Screaming Eagle Street Cannons " bolt ons. Plenty loud for me. They day makers are insane priced. Aim the headlights up as high as they go and add the Leds. Cost $100 for 2 bulbs way less then daymaker bulb.

upbarleyboy

Got 100 miles on Sunday Nov 15th. Was gonna try to hold out for one more ride, but decided against it. Bike is cleaned, winterized and on the lift as of Sat 11/21. Much easier (and more enjoyable) getting her tucked away when the temps are still in the 30s-40s....my beer doesn't slush up than:).

towtruck

put away the mighty XS 400 a couple days before thanksgiving - last 100 mile ride though was Nov 8th, I waited till the first now last year- was that a mistake- 4" on the ground - 10 miles to the storage barn-
the very worst part was the county had salted that morning- it was bad-