Who owns a Triton Prestige trailer?

ralphie

I have a 7 x 14 and love it. It is a very well built trailer that tow's extremly well. You can fit 2 newer sleds in and I collect vintage snowmobiles, 4 of these will fit. I think it was well worth the money.

fatdaddy

I have the PR 147 and its loaded, I think I paid around 10K it seems to be a good trailer but I think there a little high on the pricing. I would have liked to get an 8 foot wide so I could get 2 sleds side by side

stealthv

http://www.tritontrailers.com/customizer/7Wide_1214/customizer_7wide.aspx

My list of must-haves:

LED light upgrade (entire trailer)
Electric brakes on both axles
Exterior loading flood lights
Back-up lights
Cove interior lighting on 3-way switches
White alumium on interior walls
Wall-mount for spare tire located in the V-nose opposite the ramp door
Walk-through door with glass (never can have too much light)
Salem vents - one on the front curb side and one on the rear driver's side
Aluminum wheels (rusty wheels suck and get the matching spare)
Flaps on both ramp doors
Quickslide tie-downs for ratchet straps

Hmm...sounds like the options on my trailer! ;-)

Paid about $11k back in '06 and probably have a grand or two more in tweaks ranging from decals to the "train track" system to guide sleds in to their spots.

Picture >>> http://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1720694&postcount=398

fatdaddy

Hey Stealthv,

I have all the upgrades you mentioned however I wish i had the in floor spare storage instead. what is the train track system you mentioned. Oh I also have a fold down step for the back door and the inside lights have there own battery located in the floor.

stealthv

The in-floor spare didn't sound good to me at 2 AM in the middle of Wyoming unloading a trailer full of sleds and gear in 40 MPH winds with horizontal snow.

The spare on the wall of the v-nose isn't in the way and is as simple to use as removing a lug nut.

Yes, the battery for the interior lights is nice!

stealthv

The train track is exactly what it sounds like -- Imagine two parallel train tracks for the skis on either side of the trailer with a railroad switch to change from one side to the other as one enters the v-nose.

With the train track system, I can load and have three sleds each strapped down front and rear in about the time it takes someone to load one sled in a "regular" trailer.

The track system took about a month to design and build in the garage.

P.S. No ski crankdown bars here.

shelby369

2003 Prestige 24-6
Love the trailer, has been heavily use, not a single issue. We can squeeze 5 sleds inside with all the gear....inside set up as a rolling shop, cabinets, light,electic outlet,....quality excellent, would I buy another Triton?? YES

peter

If you have not bought trailer yet, call advantage trailer in carol stream IL. They just gave me quote of around $7500 out the door, on a brand new ATC 3 place inline with most the extras. The triton was 3g more for the same thing. I have been calling all over everywhere and they had best price in and out of state. Don't get me wrong triton is a good trailer I even own one but big difference in price.

tongue_man

I second advantage trailer in Carol Stream. Great people to do business with. Bought a 2008 Triton from them 2 years ago.

cdsprague

I have a Prestige also. Love it! I insulated it and have a lp heater also. Works great if a sled breaks! No problem getting it to 70!! Sleds stay nice and clean and no messing with covers!! Great place to store them during the summer also!!

beavers33

I bought a new Triton Prestige 147 in November of 2007. Best investment I made for snowmobiling. I have the side access door, spare tire mounted on the wall by the side access door, finished interior walls, 8 inch slides on the floor, spring assisted front and rear doors, door flaps,upgraded wheel package, and quick slide tie downs. Electric brakes on one axle. I mostly only have two sleds in the trailer, but I do annual trip with the father in law which means three sleds. Took an couple of hours to figure out but I can get 3 sleds to fit. The sleds are a 2009 Polaris Dragon SP, a 2006 Polaris Classic with M10, and a 2008 Ski-Doo XP 600 SDI. With 3 sleds there is plenty of room for gear bags, extra tools, and storage containers with oil. I get 15 miles to a gallon pulling the loaded trailer along with 3 people in my 2004 GMC Denali 6.0. I live in Northern Illinois but went up to the Triton Distributor in Kewauskum Wisconsin, Lakeside Service, talk to Dave he is a great guy. He is always at the Milwaukee show, and I know he goes to other shows. In all I got the trailer for a little over $10K, at first I felt that was a little steep, but after the first trip with the trailer, it was the best investment I made besides buying my first sled and getting into this sport.

ralphie

hey beavers33, could you give me a hint on how to fit 3 sleds in. I havn't tried yet but it seems that 2 take up a quite of bit of room. I have a 2010 Polaris turbo dragon, one buddy has a 2006 Polaris Fusion, and the last would be 2006 Arctic Cat F6. Any ideas? Thanks