Who's Going???

600_RMK_144

Every year it amazes me of all the stuff I need. My wife is even more amazed that after all these years there is still stuff I "need." HA! This year will be different for me as my kid is getting to go for the very first time. It will make sleeping in the truck (to get a good spot by the gates) a tad more challenging. I've done this the past few years as I found it's the best way to get up early, not have to deal with the traffic + avoid a mile walk when I need to take a load back to the truck. I'll be looking for a good set of side panels for a Axys Pro RMK. Recently picked up a 600 for the kid, but one of the side panels is cracked. I'm debating a wrap vs. new panels. He'd love to pick a wrap out himself I'm sure. Also need to find a dash bag, handlebar bag (wish I could find another True Adventure Gear one, they are awesome!) & under-seat bag for the kids sled.

Other than that... It's hard to say what else I may stumble upon that I can't live without. Seems every year I end up with new jackets for the kids and myself. Yeah, we "need" more of those. LOL!

What are you after this year????????????

wisco-mb

Count me in!
This will be my boy's second year going. 3.5 years old. He hangs in the wagon when we really need to move!

I'm finally getting a tek vest. I believe there are some lighter ones out there. Also need a new jacket. I'll see how well it fits with the jacket.
I have to upgrade the boy's jacket. I actually bought it last year at hay days, and he outgrew it! I'll take it with to try to sell it.

In years past, did you just go in and park at like 3am or something?

600_RMK_144

Count me in!
This will be my boy's second year going. 3.5 years old. He hangs in the wagon when we really need to move!

I'm finally getting a tek vest. I believe there are some lighter ones out there. Also need a new jacket. I'll see how well it fits with the jacket.
I have to upgrade the boy's jacket. I actually bought it last year at hay days, and he outgrew it! I'll take it with to try to sell it.

In years past, did you just go in and park at like 3am or something?
The land outside and around Hay Days is all private property. I'd imagine they pay their mortgage for the entire year just from this event. They will be there working their property and will let you in to park overnight (again, off premise, just outside of the Hay Days gates). BUT... You gotta pay their stupid crazy sky high prices. I think it was $80 last year. They wanted $100 if I was gonna put up a tent. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more this year. Total racket. I get it.... Every person that pulls in says they are only staying for one day (to get the one day rate), then their vehicle is there for the entire weekend. Last year they F'n said I could get a part refund on my way out. When I stopped to ask about that they said since I stayed until after closing (5pm) that they were charging me the full two day price. Total BS!!!! But who is going to stop them?

If you haven't found Ken's Powersports, it is the absolute BEST place to find cheap jackets for the family. I have bought and resold at a profit. It will be awesome to have my son along so I don't have to "guess" on sizes.

elf

We'll be there again. Probably my 30th year in a row and 25-26th with my wife. We'll be getting in Friday afternoon and camping at the Chicken coop with the same group we've camped with for the last 10+ yrs.
Don't have anything real big to look for this year, maybe boots and another pair of lenses for my 509 Ignite googles. I always find a half dozen things I don't need though. May take a look at a couple of the sled deck dealers there. Maybe an avy pack for son for Christmas.

ICT Sledder

Next year for sure. Have never been as I'm too far away for a weekend trip like that.

This year I'm still about 700 miles SW of Hay Days. Next year I'll be coming from about 150 miles NNE of there.

moose822

My son and I went on Sunday. It was both of ours first time there. I didn't end up buying much. I didn't really need anything but it was great to see all of the gear, sleds and accesories and so many people exicited about the season.

chunk06

I went Saturday, I forgot how spendy it was to get in. Did they always charge $20 to park? I thought $8 beer was a bit high as well. Seemed like it was a good crowd. By the looks of it everyone had plenty of inventory compared to last year. Ken's had some good deals on some kids gear, $30 for a kids jacket or snow pants. They must have been selling oil for reasonable too with the amount people were walking out of there with. Walking through some of the swap area made me want to get a Blackstone griddle lol

elf

We were there both days. Bought a set of RMK a -arms for my son, he's tough on them. A new pair of boots for me, a few other things. I agree with the Blackstone griddles, my wife told me we need to get one also.

Beer is cheaper on Sundays, only $5 then. You can always buy beer in the swaps, buy a can cooler for $2, get a beer with it, etc... Or just ask people for one, rarely get turned down.

Overall it was a great time like usual, had a couple people camp with our crew for the first time and they had a lot of fun. Looking forward to next yr!

wisco-mb

I paid $15 in the West lot for parking. I got in traffic line around 8:35, and was in the gates within 15 minutes. Pretty smooth parking there.
Crazy what events charge for beer. I don't typically drink at those just for that reason. If I did, I would smuggle in Korbel. :)I think I saw Ken's had Extreme oil for $47 a gallon. Cheapest I saw.

I had a great time as well! I bought a new jacket. It was last years' model , so it was about $100 off. Picked it up early.

Elf- What do they charge for camping? I thought about doing that next year. Don't have to deal with the traffic or driving.

elf

I paid $15 in the West lot for parking. I got in traffic line around 8:35, and was in the gates within 15 minutes. Pretty smooth parking there.
Crazy what events charge for beer. I don't typically drink at those just for that reason. If I did, I would smuggle in Korbel. :)I think I saw Ken's had Extreme oil for $47 a gallon. Cheapest I saw.

I had a great time as well! I bought a new jacket. It was last years' model , so it was about $100 off. Picked it up early.

Elf- What do they charge for camping? I thought about doing that next year. Don't have to deal with the traffic or driving.
So we have always camped across the hwy at the chicken coop campground and it's $100 for the weekend, $50 for a night. Yes it's expensive but its awfully simple to just walk across the street. We also have our dogs with so its a quick walk back to let them out for 10-15 minutes or to get lunch if you want.

wisco-mb

So we have always camped across the hwy at the chicken coop campground and it's $100 for the weekend, $50 for a night. Yes it's expensive but its awfully simple to just walk across the street. We also have our dogs with so its a quick walk back to let them out for 10-15 minutes or to get lunch if you want.
Thanks! My wife was heart broken having to board our dog for the weekend. Saving the food and boarding cost is an easy justification. (y)

chunk06

We were there both days. Bought a set of RMK a -arms for my son, he's tough on them. A new pair of boots for me, a few other things. I agree with the Blackstone griddles, my wife told me we need to get one also.

Beer is cheaper on Sundays, only $5 then. You can always buy beer in the swaps, buy a can cooler for $2, get a beer with it, etc... Or just ask people for one, rarely get turned down.

Overall it was a great time like usual, had a couple people camp with our crew for the first time and they had a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year
I did buy a few beers from the swap area last year. Not a big deal because we were not staying there so we could not drink more than a few anyways. Just getting fed up seeing high prices of everything. I thought we paid $4 for a beer last year. It is Haydays not a pro sport event where you know they are going to bend you over for a drink. We would also like to try camping there, looks like a great time