WI flooding

MZEMS2

Holy crap.....when is the rain gonna stop? We had record flooding a couple weeks ago, Cross Plains, Black Earth, Mazomanie....last week record flooding just to our northwest, Reedsburg, Baraboo, LaValle.... Now there's rain in the forecast for the next 8 days as well....We did water rescues in Mazomanie on Aug 21st, and the whole following week was a disaster cleaning up. Our fire dept was dispatched to 42 calls in 5 days. That's almost what we get for an entire year here in Mazomanie. I gotta find those blueprints for that ark. Maybe Noah could email me a set..?? John, when's the rain gonna stop?

snobuilder

sorry, man....here in SE WI we had a 500 year flood last summer.....first time in 40 years my basement flooded.

I wish youse well...... tonight looks serious as well.

slimcake

And its not done yet. Last monday I had 10 inches in a 24 hr period. It has been raining ever since. Lost track of the week totals but sheesh. Tonight looks interesting as well...
fill_94qwbg.gif

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
National guard came in to sandbag along I90/94 at the Hwy 33 exit. Same thing along I39 at the Baraboo river area, the Baraboo is extremely high again, very close to where it was back in 08. Quit with the rain already! Lol.

old abe

The NWS, WPC/QPT 5, and 7 day forecast not looking good. Not trying to step in on John's business, but I always check these daily out of habit. On another subject, my gutter guard trials are handling the heavy rains so far, so good.

wisco-mb

That water was very close to I39 by 33 on today's ride into work. DOT was checking it out when I drove past.
My hometown(Montello) has first day of school cancelled due to the flooding. The town is split in half due to them shutting down the bridge(part of Fox River).
This is worse flooding, and more spread out than '08.

moen_lake

Drove back from Rhinelander yesterday and it was down to 1 lane near I39 at the Baraboo river area-I90/94 at the Hwy 33 exit. Unbelievable amount of water in that area!

sjb

National guard came in to sandbag along I90/94 at the Hwy 33 exit. Same thing along I39 at the Baraboo river area, the Baraboo is extremely high again, very close to where it was back in 08. Quit with the rain already! Lol.

If you head towards Baraboo on Hwy 33, right when you go through the bluffs, look to the left. There is a corn field flooded there that is over the tassels. I would assume at least 7' high. I know this is a flood plane, but still amazed me as I drove by.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, my daughter drives 33 everyday, she works in Baraboo, she was telling us last night how crazy it is through there.

old abe

For what it's worth, it looks as if the bulk of the rain is moving south. Can't help whats has happened, and I wish everyone affected the best in recovery from these rain events as possible.

MZEMS2

We finally saw a partial sunset tonight....From LaCrosse to Lake Michigan, in about a 50 mile swath north to south, is in a bad way.....Looks like a few decent days finally coming our way. Man I feel for the small businesses in the little towns like LaValle, Reedsburg, and Rock Springs. We've seen several stories on our local news of those mom n pop places never opening again. Makes our flooding in Mazomanie a couple weeks ago look pretty minor, even as bad as it was. FEMA will have its hands full this fall for sure