dcsnomo

From AWSC today:
July 1 is the start of the trail pass requirement in WI
You can order discounted pass IF YOU ARE A CLUB MEMBER from AWSC
on line www.awsc.org
phone 800-232-4108
Mail 529 Trailside DR Suite 100, DeForest WI 53532

You will need
AWSC member number from your yellow card or on the address label of your WSN magazine
WI snowmobile registration number

If you are the membership chair of your club please be sure your membership info is current with AWSC

If you are a member of AWSC the pass is $10

Non members pass is $30 and must be ordered from the DNR

eagle1

Awesome, another sticker! :p
Should design sled wrap with nothing but registration stickers. Lol

So I just got my letter in the mail today about the new trail pass going into effect on July 1. Just to be clear I will order more registration stickers to put on my sled and the letter states the new trail pass is 3"x3" and that is an additional sticker? So now I will have Minnesota stickers, Michigan trail pass and Wisconsin stickers and a trail pass sticker. So just to ride in 3 different states I now need a total of 8 stickers on my sled. I don't care about the money it goes for the good of the sport which is great. But the amount of stickers could be getting ridiculous, agree or disagree?

slimcake

That is why I don't put any on my sled. Keep them in a ziplock bag on the sled but not stuck to the hood. Y a I know its not legal but still. What a joke. How about digital copies or rf coded license or something.... Not gonna muck up my 14k sled with 8 different stickers....

whitedust

So I just got my letter in the mail today about the new trail pass going into effect on July 1. Just to be clear I will order more registration stickers to put on my sled and the letter states the new trail pass is 3"x3" and that is an additional sticker? So now I will have Minnesota stickers, Michigan trail pass and Wisconsin stickers and a trail pass sticker. So just to ride in 3 different states I now need a total of 8 stickers on my sled. I don't care about the money it goes for the good of the sport which is great. But the amount of stickers could be getting ridiculous, agree or disagree?

Yeah got my WI registration letter too. Thinking I will strip down all stickers this summer buy trail permits for WI & MI & see what is best fit. Who knows the sled aftermarket might come up with a gadget to mount stickers?... if there is a need the aftermarket fills it.....anything to make a buck.:)

Yeah if I buy a trail pass it will cost $30 more over the same period of time but I will have two less stickers which may be worth the trade off.

Registration sticker on both sides like I had before and a trail pass for a total of 3. If I just buy a trail pass its only one sticker. $50 a year for three years is $150 or I can register for three years for $30 plus $30 each season for a trail sticker is $120. Maybe I'm not understanding my letter.

dcsnomo

Registration sticker on both sides like I had before and a trail pass for a total of 3. If I just buy a trail pass its only one sticker. $50 a year for three years is $150 or I can register for three years for $30 plus $30 each season for a trail sticker is $120. Maybe I'm not understanding my letter.

You are misunderstanding your letter. You need to register your sled and buy a trail pass.

G

G

Got my Wisc letter. I am a MN resident. My sled is registered in MN. Nowhere in the letter does it say I must register my already licensed sled in Wisc. All I have to do is buy a non-resident Trail Pass for $50 and plaster it to the windshield. The only thing different is the cost of the Trail Pass. The letter then goes on to stated that non-residents who join the AWSC and join a club and once owned a 1995 Pol XLT will get a $20 discount unless they have a niece with epilepsy residing in South Carolina. If that is the case you must then join a club in two separate counties and also join the Sierra Club in order to qualify for the a $20 reimbursement to be applied to your license request for 2017. Unless you still own the 1995 XLT.

whitedust

I think the question is to register in WI or not then buy trail permit for $30 or register in MN & buy non resident WI permit for $50. WI registration $30 for three years then 3 years of resident trail permits 90 + 30 =$120 or nonresident trail permit for 3 years +3x50 = $150. Good point less stickers but more money to NOT register. Interesting question for non residents to register in WI to save $30. To purchase the capstep club WI non resident trail permit might be a cost wash but an additional step in this process and may not be worth the double handling....interesting & just 1 of many situations that will come up with capstep.

G

G

If I go to Wisc for a week to ride I am going to spend $1000 bucks. I do not care about saving $30 bucks over 3 years.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got my renewal for my sled last night. I keepmy sled in the yoop, and dont ride in wi. I will pay my 30 dollar registration, and call it done. Well, 50 bucks for my trail permit for Mi.

sjshaner

One thing I am unclear on. Will I be able to purchase a non-resident trail pass like I always did at a licensing location as in the past or do I have to pre order them as well? I currently register in Illinois and Wisc. but with the new trail pass requirement I may let the Wi. registration lapse.

whitedust

One thing I am unclear on. Will I be able to purchase a non-resident trail pass like I always did at a licensing location as in the past or do I have to pre order them as well? I currently register in Illinois and Wisc. but with the new trail pass requirement I may let the Wi. registration lapse.

Letter states that non residents can purchase WI trail peremit at any DNR license sales agent that sells hunting & fishing licenses..... Then states permit will be deliveried by USMail so not sure why that is necessary since riders need on the spot purchase & stick on sled for chasing 1st snow???

G

G

I have never before gotten a letter from the Wisc DNR about renewing my trail stickers. Whatever they are making by raising the trail pass price they are spending on postage.