Wide Track Groomer near Brockway Mountain Drive

zozo2

Anyone know the story or some information on that pretty red PistenBully wide track groomer that sits by U.S, 41 where trail-3 crosses about three miles south of Brockway Mountain Drive in the U.P.? The caution signs suggest that riders might encounter the groomer while traveling on the trail there. Thought it might be there for testing purposes or demonstration or something, but in many travels past this we have never seen it moving or anyone around it. Just wondering.

old abe

John should be able to chime in on this. We also questioned what was up with the groomer, and sign???

favoritos

Voodoo Mountain.
http://www.mtbohemia.com/voodoo-mountain/

It is used to transport skiers. Some of the ski cuts are visible as you East/North up Brockway. They are on the North slope of the next ridge. Can't see them from the top though.

Initially thought it was for testing or something else exciting too.

zozo2

Thanks for the info...can now cross this off my bucket list and give the answer to others who ask.

1fujifilm

Anyone know the story or some information on that pretty red PistenBully wide track groomer that sits by U.S, 41 where trail-3 crosses about three miles south of Brockway Mountain Drive in the U.P.? The caution signs suggest that riders might encounter the groomer while traveling on the trail there. Thought it might be there for testing purposes or demonstration or something, but in many travels past this we have never seen it moving or anyone around it. Just wondering.

What about the 70's era Ski-Doo parked next to it?

Bear

ICT Sledder

Why is it even allowed on the trail? The sign about going slow and making way for the thing have always rubbed me the wrong way a bit as well.

Maybe it is Mt Bohemia’s property that we’re guests on in that section of trail, I don’t know. (I’m sure someone does.)