Will warm up this weekend hurt St Germaine trails for next week?

mebearman

Planning a trip to St Germain Monday - Friday Jan 29- Feb 22. Will the warm up this weekend hurt the trails or is there enough snow to groom?

hudson056

just my 2 cents, we are planning on heading up next Wednesday through Sunday and it looks like this Friday will be the only really warm day, I dont think they will miss a beat, next week its going to cool back down, we are turning in vacation time today and setting our plans in stone. Ive already had to cancel 2 trips because of work (water main breaks). We just need to figure out where we are going to base out of.

we got 7-8 in fresh fluffy snow Monday...plenty to groom.....Fri in the 40's but then cold returns, so the base should hold......
next Fri Sat Feb 2-3 is the Radar Run in StG so traffic will be heavy ,,,,no new snow coming....maybe some Wed 31,

C

Cirrus_Driver

I'm betting the base will be fine, especially if it's cloudy on Friday the warmest day. St. Germain area trails will be pounded 5 miles in any direction, Feb 2-3, but you can't do anything about traffic. I'll be there.

slowsi00

I'm betting the base will be fine, especially if it's cloudy on Friday the warmest day. St. Germain area trails will be pounded 5 miles in any direction, Feb 2-3, but you can't do anything about traffic. I'll be there.

its a total **** show on the way there and when it ends. its great. ill be there. fresh carbides to handle the ice corners. if you are leading stay so far right your ski takes damage. last year had two guys almost take me out back to back corners from different groups. everyone is going for the checkered flag so be safe.

tomx

Anywhere close to town is very snirty. You can find good trails out of town that are still white but getting there is nasty. Everything was very soft last night still 39 at 10pm and a ton of sleds out. Trails took a big hit last night IMO.This morning 30 degrees and starting to freeze up again. No big expectations today. They definitely need more snow for next weekend.

shelby369

I base out of St G every weekend, trails this past weekend were way better than last July..... clock is ticking, get out and ride.