Window Brands

smokenjoe

Installed lots of Hurd windows over the years and don't think they are made very well, the double hung units are the worst. I think they were bought out a few years ago when the bottom fell out of the building business.

I have Andersons in my home and they do have a good warranty, had to replace 16 window sashes last summer and they were real easy to deal with. There warranty is 10 years on all materials and 20 years on the glass.

Plan on building a cabin this spring in the north and I am using Semco windows located in Merril Wisconsin, they are a local company, have been in business for a lot of years and make a good product and have the same warranty as Anderson. I am using there all wood interior casements with aluminum clad exterior.

oldguy

We built a Wisconsin Log Home 5 years ago. They recommended and installed Semco Windows. We have had Pella and Anderson’s on other homes and these are as good or better, so far.

fcat700

Installed lots of Hurd windows over the years and don't think they are made very well, the double hung units are the worst. I think they were bought out a few years ago when the bottom fell out of the building business.

I have Andersons in my home and they do have a good warranty, had to replace 16 window sashes last summer and they were real easy to deal with. There warranty is 10 years on all materials and 20 years on the glass.

Plan on building a cabin this spring in the north and I am using Semco windows located in Merril Wisconsin, they are a local company, have been in business for a lot of years and make a good product and have the same warranty as Anderson. I am using there all wood interior casements with aluminum clad exterior.

We replaced all of our windows with SEMCO in 2002 (same aluminum/wood style you referred to). The windows have been great with no issues at this point. We’re building this summer so I’m interested to hear what people have to say on the subject.

jerkbait_1075

To Snoseekr. To quote "after being in the business for over 20 years and installing millions of windows". This got me thinking. A quick check of the math 20 years X's 365 days a year DIVIDED into 1,000,000 means you would have installed approximatly 136.9 windows a day. Now that is what I would call "GETTING IT DONE". "you my friend are one **** of window installer". LOL..... Sorry slow day with the rain pouring down and all.... Guess im just a little slap happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skidooski

I have Anderson in my house, patio doors and windows. I had an issue with the latch on one of the sliders. I called Anderson for the parts to replace it. They sent me everything I needed, no charge. The door was 10 years old. For what it's worth.

I have an Anderson Patio door and windows this fall I woke up to what I thought was sleet hitting the window found out when I let the dog out that it was a very nice day, Found the door to be shattered called around because I figured who would cover a shattered piece of glass 5 years old I was quoted $400 installed 2 weeks out. Ugg called my father recommend I call Anderson they shipped me one under warrenty no charge.
I believe they build Anderson near Durand,Wi some place