Winter Park Co

plyon

Planning a trip to Co at the end of December and would like to stay in Winter Park...My question is are you able to sled right from your rental to the trail? I know there is a trail right on the Frasier river that goes all the way from Winter Park to Granby but i'm not sure if riding on the side of road to get to it is OK? I called a sled rental place and they didnt seem to know..
Thanks!

mrbb

if the sled rental place didn't know, I might NOT be too thrilled about there business
HOW do they know folks they rent to are not driving down paved roads to ride and doing damages to there sleds?
thats just NUTS

I would suggest find a different rental place

if your NOT willing to do that, call the town visitor center and ask them? if they don't know, ask HOW well they plow roads, do they leave snow about for sleds to get a round or bare plow and salt roads? and **** with sledders

IF This is a sled friendly town, they WILL KNOW< they want sledders $$$
if they don't
again GO else where!

Consider going up to Grand Lake. Rentals in town and snowmobiles can ride the streets there. Trail into Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park starts there, and other trails too.

MNBlizzard

I cannot answer your question directly, I would do as snolover said and go just a bit more west to Granby or Grand Lake. I drove thru on a little sight seeing visit earlier this month, they claim Grand Lake to be the snowmobile capital of Colorado and the area around that looked a lot more open and sled friendly than around Winter Park.

fireworks

Was guide for Trail Blazers in Fraser, Col for a year. You can find good unguided riding. But you will have to do some research. You can either go up the Moffat Tunnel trail to Corona Pass. They ride out of Beaver Lodge or parking lot down road. Then you have trail head past trail blazers camp and ride towards Vasquez Ridge and Winter Park Ski Resort. Third and probably your best bet for off trail powder is Church's Park, west of Fraser.

rv245

We went to Grand Lake during the summer. Had a fantastic time there. We rented a 1 - 4 person SxS, 2 - 2 person SxS and 2 atv's from On the Trails Rentals in Grand Lake. They have trails there. We're wanting to go back during the winter to ride there.

309todd

we went to grand lake last xmas rented a house through vrbo rode right from the house and also rode the sleds into town for gas food bars had good time good trails

xcr440

The little woman's daughter was out there this past Friday, looked like perfect conditions! I'll throw a pic up later, since any post now a days is worthless without a pic!

ezra

are u going to ride or ski? if going to ride winter park is not where u want to be . most riding worth doing in co requires a trailer every day for the most part

ezra

best deal in rental in CO is extreme rentals in Denver they also rent ram 2500 and free trailers with rentals . they been booking up early in the season though. cheaper to fly out and rent from them for a long weekend than drive with your crap