winter storm this week

sp123

The way the winter is going i bet this storm will track further to the west and north then they expect. I hope it goes further to the west. I bet it will just a thought

D

Deleted member 10829

I hope you are right and I like that thought!

whitedust

ABC Wausau TV had eastern Vilas in the 3-7" graphics so I'm already feeling better about this storm! I'll keep looking forward to John's follow on forecasts for his daily graphics.:)

southyoop

ok - here we go with the negative waves, Moriarty, but. . . .

I live smack dab in the middle of the heaviest snow band area (JD: 8-12", WC: 6-12" & higher in localized areas), so that can mean only one thing: 24 hours from now the maps will start to turn light green, and 48 hours from now, dark green.

Just trying some reverse psychology on Mother Nature.

12/18/12: 8:30 a.m.

I was wrong - it only took 12 hours to turn light green . . . *sigh*

Last edited:
L

lenny

lol,,,this is great, let me try, I'm tired of moving snow and I hope it does rain, snow can also brake the branches of some trees and we need to protect the trees

snoluver1

Snowmobiles are loud and stinky. Riding them in bottomless powder is a waist of time and scares the poor little animals. I'm glad my grass is still green.

There, that ot a do it.

upbarleyboy

Not showing much of anything for the Western UP. Gotta hope this system slides a couple hundred miles further north than expected, or we set our hopes on some wrap around lake effect. We're gonna be up there Sat-Thurs for the holidays, it sure would be nice to have some snow to play in. My 12 year old is certified and legal to drive his own sled now, and he's like trying to contain a caged lion. Please.......if for nothing else than to keep my sanity, let it snow up there!!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
At least they've got a name for it......What's up with naming snow events now ??

Copy cats! Years ago- just for funzies- I named some of the more significant snow events using old Finlander names like Toivo... etc.

-John

wirev

In 96-97 we were naming blizzards here. Last one was Hannah, 22" of snow and 40-50 MPH wind over a 3 day period. Wasn't pretty. Power outage over 3 weeks to some.
The Rev
NorDakota

mezz

I was very happy to finally get some spring time weather. It's been a long cold winter.......

lol,,,this is great, let me try, I'm tired of moving snow and I hope it does rain, snow can also brake the branches of some trees and we need to protect the trees

Snowmobiles are loud and stinky. Riding them in bottomless powder is a waist of time and scares the poor little animals. I'm glad my grass is still green.

There, that ot a do it.

I took my friggin plow OFF!!!, There, try & take a swing now @#$&*@@!!!-Mezz

Last edited: