Winter Storm Warning for 3/24 and 3/25 Northern Wisconsin

pclark

Northern Wisconsin, going to be a mess, this late in the season. They are saying 8-11", we need the moisture. I think it will melt pretty fast.

goofy600

Paul, you can have it 60 and sunny in Memphis at the moment! And only getting warmer in the direction I’m going.🤣

hybrid

yesterday NWS was saying 12-20"
see they toned it down some today
I will believe it when its on the ground

pclark

Paul, you can have it 60 and sunny in Memphis at the moment! And only getting warmer in the direction I’m going.🤣
Jim, I’m happy for you as people that live up here need to get away from the long winter. I know this, the warmth and sun is good for us. I only want it to replenish the moisture up here as it is very dry. Enjoy your time away, I’ll post the details, we are leaving Tuesday for Naperville to see a little grandson come into the world.

goofy600

Jim, I’m happy for you as people that live up here need to get away from the long winter. I know this, the warmth and sun is good for us. I only want it to replenish the moisture up here as it is very dry. Enjoy your time away, I’ll post the details, we are leaving Tuesday for Naperville to see a little grandson come into the world.
Awesome Paul enjoy!

dfattack

Will probably get half of what they are forecasting then 40’s/50’s next two days with rain. Snow will be gone right away. As far as being dry…holy cow. The swamp by my place is completely dry. Only saw that once or twice in my lifetime

dfattack

I didn't think I've been living under a rock but...when did the NOAA forecasters start calling snow storms "cyclones"?

"A strong cyclone will bring significant snow accumulations to
parts of central, north-central, and far northeast Wisconsin from
this afternoon through late tonight"

pclark

On the radar it looks like bust to me. I going guess we get maybe 3-4” then rain tomorrow.

old abe

I didn't think I've been living under a rock but...when did the NOAA forecasters start calling snow storms "cyclones"?

"A strong cyclone will bring significant snow accumulations to
parts of central, north-central, and far northeast Wisconsin from
this afternoon through late tonight"
dfattack seems as "cyclone" is the term used with a large scale circulation pattern of a low pressure storm system? Nothing new other than it's not used all that much. However recently we were watching a show on adverse weather, and perhaps it will become more common? I've had enough high wind condition days already to last me the whole year. Sucks big time when trying to do anything outside.

dfattack

dfattack seems as "cyclone" is the term used with a large scale circulation pattern of a low pressure storm system? Nothing new other than it's not used all that much. However recently we were watching a show on adverse weather, and perhaps it will become more common? I've had enough high wind condition days already to last me the whole year. Sucks big time when trying to do anything outside.
thank you for the explanation. I have watched weather practically my whole life and until I've never seen the term cyclone used other than for hurricanes in the Asian area. oh well. times change

indy_500

Very little in the Appleton area and 35F already this morning.
I had a few inches at my house on the north side of Greenville, and next to nothing here at work in Appleton. Crazy difference in 12 miles.

Got 4-5” at home on Friday, was mostly all gone by Saturday evening, 1/2-1” Sunday morning, slowly melted, another 1-2” Sunday late afternoon and then another 1-2” overnight. The accumulation is getting hard to judge with the crazy quick melting from the warm ground.