Winter Storm Warning - UP

mezz

NWS has just amended the Winter Storm Watch to a Winter Storm Warning beginning on Friday Jan 12th at 1 pm to Saturday Jan 13th at 7 pm. The Keweenaw Peninsula could see between 6-12" of accumulation with higher amounts possible in the higher terrain areas in excess of 12". Higher terrain of Marquette county could see amounts in excess of 24". Near blizzard conditons are possible near the Lake Superior Shoreline with wind gusts possibly exceeding 50 mph.
I can only surmise that this will be system snow which will likely be heavy in nature, this will eventually change over to &/or get enhanced with LES once the temperatures begin to drop. Looks like we could be in for our first hard hit this season & could possibly last through to the early part of next week with the frigid temperatures expected.

rph130

NWS has just amended the Winter Storm Watch to a Winter Storm Warning beginning on Friday Jan 12th at 1 pm to Saturday Jan 13th at 7 pm. The Keweenaw Peninsula could see between 6-12" of accumulation with higher amounts possible in the higher terrain areas in excess of 12". Higher terrain of Marquette county could see amounts in excess of 24". Near blizzard conditons are possible near the Lake Superior Shoreline with wind gusts possibly exceeding 50 mph.
I can only surmise that this will be system snow which will likely be heavy in nature, this will eventually change over to &/or get enhanced with LES once the temperatures begin to drop. Looks like we could be in for our first hard hit this season & could possibly last through to the early part of next week with the frigid temperatures expected.
I'm hoping that it extends south a little and hits some of northern Wisconsin. Seems like we are the unlucky land in the middle of these storms.