World Vintages Races

wiscrev

Vintage races are still on! We've been making ice and will continue to make ice into next week. Temps will get warmer but there is enough for safe racing Thursday and Friday 22/23. Night racing both days. I'm all over the complex, infield and pits, if you
see me, be sure and say Hi.

wiscrev

Hay Rev what time does the racing start?
WC time trials start at noon on Thursday. Friday racing starts at 9AM. Night racing both days. Looks like 11 champion class races including world vintage championship is schd for Friday night. Track looks good, they covered it with snow after the Pro races in January so it has weathered pretty good. They are making ice at night whenever the temps are good including some days. Looks to warm up Tues-Thurs and as long as it is cloudy, we should be o.k. Actually, we are very fortunate to be able to race considering the weather this year. World Series was to be Sat-Sun but they cancelled. That is a different race circuit.

MKW

What time does the actual world championship race go off Friday night? Going to be in Rhinelander for work and may run up..also any idea what time it gets done? Got a 3 hour drive home so was hoping it doesn’t drag on all night

wiscrev

What time does the actual world championship race go off Friday night? Going to be in Rhinelander for work and may run up..also any idea what time it gets done? Got a 3 hour drive home so was hoping it doesn’t drag on all night
I'm going to say 8:30-9 but anything can happen. There are champ races before and if there are any delays, it could be later. As far as when it ends, I'm going to say no later than 10:30 but that also is just a guess as I've seen races on Friday nights that ended almost at midnight. I don't think that will happen this year as the classes have been paired down so there will be less laps. Also, it will depend on the the shape if the track as they will definitely want to get the World Vintage Race in. Sorry I can't be more specific, but that is the nature of the beast.

wiscrev

Video of the track and info from Vilas County News and Review just up @ WCDC FB. Check it out. Track looks great!

MKW

Thanks for the info..going to head up Friday afternoon after my meeting. Probably stay at my cousins in St Germain so won’t have to drive home late. Head home Saturday morning.

wiscrev

Thanks for the info..going to head up Friday afternoon after my meeting. Probably stay at my cousins in St Germain so won’t have to drive home late. Head home Saturday morning.
Make sure you look me up. Friday's ceremony begins at 5:00, racing at 5:30.