Wrong Helmet ??

When we went to leave a Bar in Boulder Junction around 4 pm on New Years Day, my wife discovered her helmet was missing. It was a black HJC with a pink Ski Doo and a round white sticker on the back.

A huge thank you to the people who were there that cooperated with us as we frantically searched for her helmet.

We went around the bar and asked people to id their helmets so we could use the one that was remaining.

Thankfully (?) the one left over fit her well enough.

The confusing part is that the left over helmet did not even slightly resemble my wife's. It is an old blue and black Polaris wedge type with no heated shield. It has an identifiable "Team Ugly" on the back as well.

If anyone knows who may have mistakenly got the wrong helmet, please reply or PM me.

Thanks

bigvin

Sorry to hear about that.
Burns me everytime I hear a story like that.
There is a reason Team Ugly was left behind.
It is pretty hard to confuse an old blue wedge with a newer style other model.
Every since it happened to someone I knew,...
I am always keeping an "eye out"

ALWAYS take your teather and your key also.
Ya, I know it sounds like a no brainer,...
but it still happens.
"Hey look!,...I gots me a new sled!"

Hope they do find it though.
There ARE more good folks out there than bad ones!

legend02

Happened to me once, somebody took our kid's large helmet and left a adult medium size.
The helmets were similar , we did the same and asked the people in the place to identify their helmets and took the remaining one, bar tender objected and I said to bad. Left my number never got a call.

In additionthe took our head sock and gloves.

Had A spare head sock, still got the gloves and helmet they left

The helmet was brand new first trip.

I'm sure in my case it was a drunken mistake.

vx700xtc

I never leave my gear out of my sight. Not that it is valuable, but because it works for me. If I cant sit with my gear , we leave.

arcticgeorge

Yep no mistake somebody took upon themselves to grab a new helmet. Couple years ago my neighbor friend John had his old Arctic Cat coat ripped off at a bar in Hurley, had his keys for everything in it and his wallet.

sweeperguy

That kind of stuff makes me so mad, back in my high school days went to a house party, had saved money for months to buy hiking boots my folks couldn't afford to buy for me. Party ended and they were gone, only had them like a month.

mefroe

Same thing happened to me 35 years ago at Bosaki's in Minocqua, they left an old open face Budweiser print for me that didn't fit. To this day I still look for it when riding. I also don't put my helmet anywhere I can't watch ever again.

chunk06

Someone needs to make a lightweight cable and small paddle lock for this kind of thing, run in from coat to a helmet or two in the group, just to keep honest people honest. Someone "accidently" took a nice pair of gloves from me last year and a Klim mask from a friend the year prior. Two years ago I put on a Klim jacket and went to zip it when I went out the door, It didn't feel right, and realized I grabbed the wrong one. So accidents CAN happen.

arcticgeorge

Warning saw this on fb............BOLO for stolen ski doo parts ( panels, seats ) for sale as people have been stripping sleds specifically ski doo's around the turtle flowage in iron county This past weekend. Not the first time it's happened. Also watch your sleds while in the bars or cabins.

09twoup

I had a helmet borrowed from Gooches A1 in Boulder Junction a few years ago, I left my name and number and they called a few days later saying someone had returned it along with the gloves and balaclava. Might be worth a shot if you did'nt already leave you're info.

We left our contact info with bartender as we thought it may have been done on accident. Funny someone mentioned the small cable and padlock...we thought the same thing.
Just sad.

vx700xtc

I used to use a bicycle cable when my wife and went on motorcycle trips. We ran the cable through one of our jacket sleeves and through the shield opening of our helmets and through a spot on the bike. worked nice.

Modman440

X2 on just about everything said we rode to a select place in Newberry and someone apparently thought my klim f4 helmet would fit them better. Also had brand new turbo flow xi. On it to I was beyond mad. And I haven't seen them since and I look to everywhere I go its prob the only redbull klim f4 out there so anyone ever sees it send me a pic in pm and take it. It's size xl and I will pay a reward this happened last season so I'm sure it's out there somewhere and on the inside under the padding is my number and ever thing. I hate people who have to steal because they are to lazy to earn it them selves