WTB Tritoon

luke_duke

My Brother-in-Law is looking for a 4 or 5 year old Tritoon with a larger motor(I think a 120 h.p. motor or bigger). I would be glad to pass on any information or leads. Thank you.

I would suggest a local marina, e-bay or craigs list. I have purchased 2 pontoons in the last 12 years and in both cases I was looking for a nice, late model used pontoon. Guess what, both times, I ended up buying new. Most people tend to hand onto their pontoons and the used ones I found were either completely trashed (no maintenance, left outside all winter...) or not much cheaper than a new one. Some marinas have nice rental fleets they sell off every couple of years but those will be high hour, somewhat abused units. Never purchase a used boat with out a water test and having it looked over by a qualified tech. Also, crawl all over it with a fine tooth comb and look for signs of damage and abuse. Open up all the seats and storage compartments, look under the helm, make sure all the switches work and so on. Good luck with the search.

luke_duke

He's tried those places with no luck or when he did it didn't have the right size motor he wanted. He knows what he's doing but hasn't had much luck. He just about bought one in Georgia. I guess he will have to be more patient and hopefully something will show up. I can't believe with the economy and gas prices that there aren't more around. Thanks for the advice.