XF 8000 vs 2003 F7

jake7880

Ok guys so I got rid of the old RX1 and bought a new XF 8000. I love the sled and don't really care if it will or won't beat my buddies 2003 F7 but I just wondered what everyone thinks the outcome will be and maybe there are some guys that race last years model against a 03' F7

ezra

is it a stock 03 f7?
cuz with some quality porting/ big timing /pipe/etc etc a f7 can walk all over some turbo mods out there .
but just a stock f7 prob not on a dead stop start. a rolling start he may get u
if the lake is long he will always get u on top.
keep your races short take him then hit the breaks after 660

jake7880

I know there is a clutch kit in it and I think that is it. I was just looking at speedwerx clutch kits for the new XF, what do U think should I mess with it yet or get it broke in first or maybe some other mod? Not the can tho don't feel like having DNR after me

Noodles

Sweet Jesus when will we stop comparing to Firecats. I know they ran good but Christ its 2013/14. That XF will make that F7 fall off so hard you will think the motor fell out of the Firecat

ezra

just as soon as all manufactures can produce a 800 that can take a 12 yr old 700 in 660 and 1000ft.
go to any drag race summer or winter the cat 700s are still taking wins in the 700 and 800 classes .
the turbos pushed them out of the heavy mod class.
and btw don't put any money on that xf making the fcat looking like the motor fell out.

D

Deleted member 10829

I wouldn't put any money against ezra and his Cat knowledge. He does bleed green, but he knows his stuff. I bleed Polaris, but know very little! Just ask rp7x. :)

Noodles

I am not disagreeing with Ezra. The purpose built drag sleds are not the ones running down trail 13. Op is referring to his buddy that just seems to have a clutch kit. We all know the stock category race sleds are fast ,but that is far from a trail cruiser.

jake7880

You hit the nail on the head there Ezra I mean I know that there is a lot of people out there that could care less about this but geez if I go spend 12k on a 800 it would be nice if I could beat a 700 from last decade! I will say this tho those Firecats where all speed and prolly one of the worst handling sleds I've ever rode

ezra

And what does the "stock" category include at the grass drags? I mean what is allowed?

in stock no pipe no big bore but u can have a reprogramed ecu timing clutching gearing suspension weight .and u can still get a hill climb 20 and 500f 660ft 1000 ft and 1/4 mi program from cat for the f7.
but more guys are dragging sabercats than f because the sabers were running chain drive up until 06 and f7 had to be special ordered with reverse to come with out diamond drive after 04btw anyone running a f7 or saber should deff have the 06 re flash of the ecu deff best stock map of all the yrs.