Yamaha 4 stroke owners beware !! around a 5000 mile fix !!

yamadooed

To save lotsa grief in removing the rusty screws use a impact driver with a allen head socket...They are around $20 at most auto stores or sears has them... These are the kind you whack with a hammer and well worth the money... The factory donuts will last a lot longer if you remove the clamps up front and grind the spacer down a 1/16" or more to tighten up the clamp and eliminate the leakage beforehand...

xcsp

Maybe Yamaha's next generation of sleds will eliminate the under-seat, rear exit exhaust system to avoid these problems, and possibly save cost & weight?

Keeping it more maintenance-free is always good.
(At the least, easily-serviceable.)

Off topic, I did notice Yamaha now has rubber covers over their track idler wheels on the skid to help seal the bearings better, good job Team Blue!! (Hope Ski Doo doesn't sue them for it.)

whitedust

Maybe Yamaha's next generation of sleds will eliminate the under-seat, rear exit exhaust system to avoid these problems, and possibly save cost & weight?

Keeping it more maintenance-free is always good.
(At the least, easily-serviceable.)

What next generation of sleds????? LOL...... Same old, Same old!!! IMO :)

blkhwkbob

I call BS on the tool quality AND the impact driver. I have good tools AND an impact driver. Tried 'em all. The fact is, the bolts are crappy and strip VERY EASILY.

1-snowbullet

well everything went back togeather perfect runs quiet now as it should and regaind its low end grunt back . made my bud happy and he and myself learned allot between his vector and my apex .. cant wait to dig into the valve adjusting L.O.L. 15000 miles to go !! As for Tools it doesnt matter what kind you have as long as it works for yaa you can have the cheepest tools out there and they will do the job as will the expensive name brand ones . as for those 2 bolts yamaha put in there sleds yup I agree they could have used a better bolt !! Thats how the dealers can tack on Extra $$ to your Bill L.O.L. .. EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS and keep the rubber side down !!