Yamaha Posts 2 Billion in Net Losses

whitedust

Negative selling does not work with me for sure. Howie Long national ad for Chevy says Chev has Honda beat just compare. MPG Chev to Honda not even close, Honda much better MPG, but there are other product differences. Then Howie says Chev can't compete with Honda on lawnmowers. Now what the heck does that have to do with the Honda & Chev auto division? Then I think you know Honda does make darn good lawnmowers thanks for reminding me how good Honda mowers are too Howie. Very thin line when you you don't pitch from your strength as uncle ed enlightend all of us with the big picture graphs. I just knew this would bite you so stayed out of fray & tried to lighten it up until you brought me back in. Stay positive will work better for ya
happy.gif

marty__kms

Whitedust,

In regard to advertising and selling I couldn't agree more, again we agree on something, this has to be some sort of record I think that’s twice in the last 30 days.

With regard to bringing you back in, you always make this medium more interesting and yes, I guess I knew everyone would freak on me posting, but it makes it more fun and I’m all about fun.

Didn't mean to get everyone’s panties in a bunch, ok maybe I did, but I don't recall freaking out (taking it so personal) when the BRP bailout was posted and discussed. I guess to each his own though.

frnash

That was a great link, <font color="0000ff">ubee</font>:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

"Think of heated seats, electric widgets, 12 volt outlets, adjustable handle bars and so on."<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>What, the author forgot to mention three cup holders?
happy.gif

whitedust

Marty,
The fip side is we are all buying toys that may not be supported when we wake up tomorrow. We hope so but none of us have control over the big Corps in these awful economic conditions just like CIT ....to big to fail BS ...they failed on our bailout money. I would like to think Yam,Doo, Poo & AC will all stay in snowmobile biz but any & all could fold their tent in this market. Not a pleasant thought so best to not go there & cause buyers to have second thoughts which in turn slows the recovery for Ma / Pa & the rest down the line. Like I said think positive & BRP has lots of good things to discuss as well as Yam,Poo & AC so best to keep the comparos about sleds.
happy.gif
whitedust

F

fusion

You guys probably know this, being astute stock investors, the stock market is always a forward looking predictor of economic events. In the case of the graph's provided, they show the stock prices bottoming in January for all, but that doesn't necessarily translate to profit growth at that point in time. Given the unprecedentedly long recession, it could even be the stock isn't a normal predictor of financial recovery. Ask yourself how secure you feel about the economy right now, the companies are battling the same sentiment from a consumer spending point of view.

whitedust

Well said Fusion & we all hope we have started the long climb up but difficult to know for sure right now. Thinking a little dip then we come up for a very long time but who knows?

propjockey

From the link ubee posted...

"A four stroke engine is powerful enough to carry two riders and do whatever you intend to do with a snowmobile, but it will also cost more, you will need more gas and will spend more on maintenance."

I'll try to remember that as I sit there at the gas station waiting for all the two strokes I ride with to top off their tanks and buy $10 quarts of oil. I can go at least 50% farther on a tank than they do.

And I always seem to be the guy waiting for them to catch up at every stop sign.
happy.gif

-J-

yamahauler

When do you know when a salesman is lying??

Answer: When their mouth is moving.

I think this was the best advice I ever heard, lol.

chad66

It's not even the guys trading in stuff, the really funny ones are the rental customers that wreck a sled and try to come up with a good story about how it was the sleds fault. I've heard some really good ones...great imaginations out there!

Chad@M&M