Yellowstone Day 1 - 2008

swanker

My families first day in Yellowstone. Rode in the Old Faithful area.
Entering the West Gate
90445.jpg

The Fountain Paint Pot
90446.jpg

90447.jpg

90448.jpg

Old Faithful Geyser
90449.jpg

90450.jpg

Buffalo sharing the trail
90451.jpg

Kepler Cascades
90452.jpg

90453.jpg

Firehole Falls
90454.jpg

90455.jpg

swanker

fire126 we had a great time yes defintely worth it

rozzy43 it was the last week of Feb. 2008

skidoodragon it was a great we are glad we went

swanker

toolmaker

I'm guessing you stayed at the 3 Bears. We were part of a group there the last week of Dec.06.
My wife, daughters and I were the only veterans in our group of 12. The guides do a great job taking you through the park and the surrounding mountains. I got to help our guide dig sleds out up on Two Top. Good thing I run and am in good shape.

swanker

Toolmaker we booked our trip with Yellowstone Tour & Travel and stayed at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort. Nice indoor pool, good restaurant and sled rental right on site. Our guide in the park did a good job also. We rode without a guide outside the park.

swanker

toolmaker

I was going by the clothing. I believe Yellowstone Tour & Travel is run with the 3 Bear. Did you meet in the theater in the morning? We had a gal named Amy for our guide in the park, she was a real hoot.

swanker

Toolmaker we met out back of the motel in the morning.I can not remember our guides name old age I guess. I think both motel owned by the same company.

getting ready to go in the morning

91396.jpg

our guide in the red suit

91397.jpg

swanker

snogirl

Now I am really pumped for our trip to W. Yellow in Feb. We are staying at the Faithful St Inn, one day in the park and then we are on our own. Any suggestions? We are two "mature" couples. Any places to stop on the trails to warm up? Are the trails nice, scenic and marked well? Places we should not miss? Thanks for the info. Looks like we are in for a great time!