Yikes Bears Get NFL #1 Draft Choice!

whitedust

Sure will be interesting but I think they trade #1 for players and or more draft choices. Rebuild starts now as this season was used to unload big salary players for draft choices. Bears have a ton of Cap cash too.

SHOOT2KILL

lol...If there ever was a franchise that could screw it up it's the Bears...Atleast Ted Phillips will be gone after 40+ seasons with the organization...Currently the Blackhawks are having what I would call their worst season that I have ever watched in my last 60+ years being a fan...LOL...White Sox...LOL...Should have and were predicted to clean house last season in their division...LOL...When they announced they were bringing back the dinosaur LaRussa. I laughed my nutz off...Back in the day I was a HUGE LaRussa fan when I was a season ticket holder from 1981 to 88...LOL...

whitedust

There will be endless possibilities trades for players and draft choices. Future FA signings galore unfortunately or fortunately the Bears stripped the team down to bare bones thus the #1 draft selection. If Bears have their guy in Fields then they need to protect him and get excellent WR talent first and foremost. The defense has a decent secondary but LB and DL are terrible. So imo there will be a complete overhaul of the 2022 team but Bears do have good coaching if they can keep the staff together. Ryan Poles is a very good GM imo and this 2023 team will be his legacy. The rebuild definitely will be exciting and I hope Poles wants to keep Fields but I really don’t know what is next only Poles knows for sure.

timo

Ol' Lovie Smith did his former team a solid.
Million Dollar question is can Field's be the guy. He show's flashes,, runs great but his passing #'s are pretty dismal. And to pass on a franchise QB because you think Fields is the guy and he isn't would set them back another 5 years.
Meanwhile in GB let the Love ERA begin on 3,,,,2,,,,1,,,

latner

lol...If there ever was a franchise that could screw it up it's the Bears...Atleast Ted Phillips will be gone after 40+ seasons with the organization...Currently the Blackhawks are having what I would call their worst season that I have ever watched in my last 60+ years being a fan...LOL...White Sox...LOL...Should have and were predicted to clean house last season in their division...LOL...When they announced they were bringing back the dinosaur LaRussa. I laughed my nutz off...Back in the day I was a HUGE LaRussa fan when I was a season ticket holder from 1981 to 88...LOL...
Sad but true, but the fans still fill the stadiums...that's all that matters

whitedust

Million Dollar question is can Field's be the guy. He show's flashes,, runs great but his passing #'s are pretty dismal. And to pass on a franchise QB because you think Fields is the guy and he isn't would set them back another 5 years.
2023 QB prospects aren’t that good imo some too small to take the NFL beating. Some QB prospects bound to make it the in The NFL hopefully for Bears some team has a QB prospect they have to have. Fields is a lot like Allen a gun for an arm , good size and very good legs. I would keep Fields and hope with good coaching he will evolve into an elite QB.

catspaz8

Been in Chicago watching since the early 70's. They have screwed it up since the superbowl team in 85 letting Wilbur Marshal and other go. Been on a downward spiral ever since. Maybe this is rock bottom and they can only go up. They could sign Rogers to mentor Fields for a year, LOl hahaha, they will find a way to screw this up too .Prove me wrong......pleeeeaaaase!!!

latner

Been in Chicago watching since the early 70's. They have screwed it up since the superbowl team in 85 letting Wilbur Marshal and other go. Been on a downward spiral ever since. Maybe this is rock bottom and they can only go up. They could sign Rogers to mentor Fields for a year, LOl hahaha, they will find a way to screw this up too .Prove me wrong......pleeeeaaaase!!!
Rogers does "own" the Bears after all! :ROFLMAO:

whitedust

Rogers not even a thought no way he wants to play in any rebuilding program. I’m not sure Rogers is in demand anymore he pretty much admitted he needs to be familiar with his receivers to be successful. I’m pretty sure Rogers is back to the Pack or retires. I don’t see the fire in Rogers that Brady has to continue playing but never second guess Rogers totally does whatever he wants at the time.

catspaz8

Another Mushroom weekend and Rogers will be back, I was joking on him ever coming to Chicago, I don't think we would have him even if he wanted to come. Now they are talking that the Lions are the next rulers of the North. I think the Viking's will have something to say about that for a couple more years if they can keep all their weapons. The Bears are probably two years away from anything resembling a playoff team. guess we will see. Like the Cubbies, wait till next year, again and again and again..

whitedust

Bears did what they had to do with their strip down season but #1 draft choice didn’t seem doable. Having #1 certainly sets Bears up for trades and I have no idea what Poles will do. Poles seems to prefer draft choices over FAs and player trades and imo no one player is safe on the team. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprise if Poles trades #1 before draft day to give him time to prioritize other players on his draft board. FAs signings I don’t don’t know but Poles won’t overpay anyone.

catspaz8

He'll trade for sure and try to get lineman on both sides of the Line. need a dominat pass rusher or two again two. Chicago without a marque linbacker sucks...

pclark

See ya Mr. Rodgers.......

snomoman

Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears…holy geez , it’s too bad we couldn’t get this much excitement on a snowmobile topic…haha