You can't make this stuff up folks!! Ha ha

bearrassler

I like the paragraph that says that glaciers are extremely vulnerable to temperatures, both hot and cold, who would have ever thought that?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, it looks like the Polar Bears are safe but now the snakes and reptiles are endangered. Plus, I hear that Cow Flatulence is just as bad as ever!

Somebody better call CNN.

xcr440

I agree with your thread title. You just can't make this schlit up. And somehow this is bad, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Why is it, we have not heard this on the main stream media?? Huh, I wonder, but not too hard.

timo

Ohh boy,,,can't waint to hear Ciricus Driver and Mr. B's take,,,,,,, this thread will be 200 posts by end of day

1fujifilm

Look what's happening on our own backyard.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...tana-glaciers-a-bellwether-of-melting-to-come

I drove through GNP four years ago as I wanted to see a glacier (never been to Alaska) and I was pissed I couldn't get to one unless I hiked extensively. Anyway, they say all glaciers at GNP are likely toast in 50 years. Guess they will have to change their name.

I was able to hike to a glacier at Great Basin National park in NV, finally goal achieved.
https://www.nps.gov/grba/learn/nature/glaciers.htm

Seriously though, I sit on neither side of the argument we have been hearing on J.D., but it is quite sad to know they are disappearing.

Bear

mrbb

WOW you guys are awesome
and appreciate the call out!

SO< after a few decades of them melting,around the world!
you have a found ONE that grew last 2 yrs or so?
YUP< PROBLEM FIXED<?
HAHHAA!
or how about that video they say this,

"BUT water temperatures are cyclical, and this positive news might not last,"

Yes problem solved, NO issues with things going wrong on the planet!

snoluver1

WOW you guys are awesome
and appreciate the call out!

SO< after a few decades of them melting,around the world!
you have a found ONE that grew last 2 yrs or so?
YUP< PROBLEM FIXED<?
HAHHAA!
or how about that video they say this,

"BUT water temperatures are cyclical, and this positive news might not last,"

Yes problem solved, NO issues with things going wrong on the planet!

Ha ha. I didn't say the problem was solved. I also didn't say there was a problem. I just thought it comical to try and attribute a growing glacier to a warming planet. Even the most diehard believer has to see the irony in that...

PS: glaciers have been melting for a few millennia, not a few decades....

old abe

Don't shoot, no agenda here. I just have to agree with fuji on GNP. GNP glaciers are receding at a almost unbelievable rate. My son, and daughter in law, have been there twice in the last 10 years. The pictures of comparisons tells the sad story. If you want to see them, get out there, it's a beautiful area that portion of the Rocky Mountains! And it is a good hike now to do so!

xcr440

So the questions are: What is a Glacier supposed to look like? What is the temperature supposed to be?

Do any of us with a pin drop of time know that answer? Doesn't, and hasn't the climate ALWAYS changed?

mrbb

PS: glaciers have been melting for a few millennia, not a few decades....
yes they have been melting for a a LONG time
BUT the facts are scary in HOW much they have increased in melting in the past few decades and how many are GONE in the past few decades!
and I don't think there is anyone, ME included that doesn't think weather from now and then has swings in all directions,
BUT when these crazy swings are happening WAY often, its a red flag something isn't what it used to be!
the topic I gathered was to stir the pot here, and yap about how there is NO global warming or??
and when the proof provided by these, is stating in it, its not likely to continue
should make the blinders come off more folks rather than re enforce them wearing them!

snoluver1

the topic I gathered was to stir the pot here, and yap about how there is NO global warming or??

Ya got me!

Yes I posted this to stir the pot, but purley for the entertainment value. Not to prove there is no global warming. Im not gonna pretend I'm smart enough to prove that one way or the other. I have opinions on the subject...but those are like A-holes....