Your new sled

quikhd

Let's see that new kitty in action!!!!
Weather here today is killing me,43 and melting in Appleton. Can't wait till hit UP next week!

Where in the UP are you going? Our club trip is next week heading to Munising. Was way nervous it was going to be a bust but just in the nick of time they got hammered! :) Lake effect snow........ that is someone favorite 3 words. Can I make them my favorite also? :)

garyl62

Boy I remember the "Pol-cat" and the days when you would talk/dream about scraping the money together to get something nicer. Who would'a thought back then where things are now!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John, did you already put the 38" front on your sled ?

It's not on yet, but is ordered, so soon!

This weekends riding pushed me to get the shorter a-arms as the sled was harder to toss around in the really technical stuff. I also had the sway bars still attached, so that could have made a sizable difference too. Looking forward to trying it with the narrower front end and sway bars removed.

It was fun in the powder on the flats though, of course what sled isn't?!

-John

mezz

Pull that sway bar off, world of difference. I didn't take mine off until the last ride of the season last year. 5 years with this thing, I didn't realize how much of a difference there was until the sway bar was gone.-Mezz

raceyf7

I just did it to my 2012 800 h/c . have not rode with it yet . we are coming up for the ride-in on wed 30th .if you would like to try it out you are more than welcome too. we will we at the ramada inn. snoseekr2 and I are going to try and hook up with skylar .

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

I am certain the sway bar will be off soon (end of today?) and hopefully the 38's will be on either this weekend or early next week (if I bribe Chad enough to move my job to the top of the list:) )

Perhaps I will be able to meet up with you before the ride-in.

-John

raceyf7

sounds good. we are bringing the wife's with so let me know when would be good for you ,so we can get the o.k. ralph

quikhd

Thanks.

I am certain the sway bar will be off soon (end of today?)

-John

Hey John,
For sure take it off I just removed the link on mine this weekend and WOW what a difference. The short arms will make it perfect for sure. I have attached a few pics of some of the action we had east of munising. The back country riding was good but just barely enough to be out there and not have damage. Non the less great time and more than enough to get stuck! :)

Tom

stuck.jpg wheelie.jpg wheelie2.jpg

Last edited: