Zoan Duo-Sport Snow Helmet

saber1

my son had one it sucked kept fogging up real bad the electric one might be better.I sold it for $50 last year added another $150.00 and got a non current mod 3 now all of us in our group have the mod2 or 3 Best helmet for the money IMHO

xcsp

my son had one it sucked kept fogging up real bad the electric one might be better.I sold it for $50 last year added another $150.00 and got a non current mod 3 now all of us in our group have the mod2 or 3 Best helmet for the money IMHO

Still a fogging problem with using the breath deflector?

Thanks for the info.

saber1

according to him the helmet was not vented good as the breath deflector did deflect his breath but it would'nt vent out fast enough .

xcsp

I was in contact with a Zoan rep, says the helmet I referenced is new for this year, maybe you had a previous model helmet?

It was mentioned they had some fogging issues with those, but not with the new ones.

I'm not looking for a modular, l'm interested in the Zoan or maybe a GMax which unfortunately doesn't have a inner sunshield.

Last edited:

saber1

Good luck would be interested if the newer ones you speak of are better made because they do look cool.

I've got a gmax. Has outer sun shield. It's a modular. I put a electric shield on it. I wear glasses and don't have a fogging problem. Also has a breath deflector

xcsp

Found out from Zoan that the Synchrony Duo-Sport is new this year, been out only few months.

Attachments

• zoan.jpg
    zoan.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

united

Looks cool and price is super nice. I'm just not sure, kind of thinking foggy. It looks like these helmets are all originally engineered for motorcycle or motocross (MX) and converted to snowmobile. Unless I am seeing it wrong, it appears the helmets are available as open face (no shield) and then they retrofit with a shield. So do they take a motocross type helmet and reverse engineer a shield and a removable breath box on to it? Might be better to get a helmet that is designed for cold and snow from the start. But still looks good and worth checking out.

Mxz500 did you buy your helmet with electric shield or add it on later after you bought it?

xcsp

United, from what I've gathered from the Zoan rep is that this helmet has been designed to be used for winter use.

The snow version comes with a breath deflector (not shown in the picture) and chin curtain. You can also, like the GMax G11, use goggles with it if you choose, but still able to close the shield over the goggles.

I like the idea that I can remove the breath deflector and put a standard shield on it for summer motorcycle use, not just using it a few weeks a winter.

Price is reasonable for the features, not expecting it to be as nice as my Shoei bike helmet for build quality.

I bought the helmet with it already on. Had to replace it tho due to a wipe out. If I remember when I get home from work, I can look to see what model helmet I have. I bought the helmet from cloverland in ironwood. Also ordered the replacement shield from them n had it shipped to me.

united

Great. Year round use is a great plus.

I bought the helmet with it already on. Had to replace it tho due to a wipe out. If I remember when I get home from work, I can look to see what model helmet I have. I bought the helmet from cloverland in ironwood. Also ordered the replacement shield from them n had it shipped to me.