02 Skidoo Legend / MXZ no Lights

legend02

Was getting the backup sled ready and noticed that the only electrical thing working on it is the electric start, beeper for reverse and the light for the reverse, no headlights, tach, brake lights, hot grips, thumb warmer or dash lights, all fuses are good, what am I missing. Need to ride this the weekend after next as the new 800 Etec renegade hasn't shown up yet.

witz

Agreed, the voltage regulator and stator are the next things to look at.

I've got a couple of good voltage regulators and stators pulled from running sleds if you need one or the other. I'm near Janesville, WI .... less than 2 hours from you. Heck, if you can't get parts locally or trouble shoot it, I'd offer it up that you could bring the sled up and we could swap parts to figure out which part is bad.

legend02

Agreed, the voltage regulator and stator are the next things to look at.

I've got a couple of good voltage regulators and stators pulled from running sleds if you need one or the other. I'm near Janesville, WI .... less than 2 hours from you. Heck, if you can't get parts locally or trouble shoot it, I'd offer it up that you could bring the sled up and we could swap parts to figure out which part is bad.

witz, Thanks for the offer, going to look at it later today or tommorrow and will let you know. That's why this is a such a great site.

kpagel

check the relays and fuses (if you havent already) right by the battery I know on my 04 rev I have had all the lights go out and runs fine and the issue was a relay and u could get it from the auto store as they could crossreference the # on the relay. I currently have an 02 500 legend that the computer went out in and I replaced all of the electrical at the same time so if u need a voltage regulator I will give u the one i have.
keith

legend02

check the relays and fuses (if you havent already) right by the battery I know on my 04 rev I have had all the lights go out and runs fine and the issue was a relay and u could get it from the auto store as they could crossreference the # on the relay. I currently have an 02 500 legend that the computer went out in and I replaced all of the electrical at the same time so if u need a voltage regulator I will give u the one i have.
keith

Called the dealer and they told me about the relay as the fuses are all good, I work at auto parts store part time and will be x-ref it tommorrow. He said their were two but I only see the one right by the fuses.

legend02

Well, I found the other relay and swapped them, still no lights, i'm leaning towards the voltage regulator. With or without the relays, the electric start still works, when it engages but that is another issue.

legend02

Well did some more research and found this on the hard core sledder forum:

Had the same problem with my 02 700 Legend 2 years ago. It was the relay - Ski doo part #410 113 200 ( aprox 22$ here in Canada). I picked the same one up at an auto parts store for $2.75(Suntech SEM - 1417) or NAPA AR - 201 or
Bosch 12 Volt - 30 Amp part #0 332 019 150. There are 2 identical relays on the Legend 700, one located beside the fuses, the other above the fuses. I replaced the one beside the fuses

http://www.hardcores...-no-lights.html

X-ref the Bosch part number at Advance Auto parts where work part-time and got a BWD R681Z, plugged in in and I got Lights. Not sure why swapping the two didn't work for me , but their was a post about they both need to be good.

ilzr6

Key Turtle - I'd junk that old legend. You don't even have the right hood on it. Half mxz, half legend. No wonder nothing works - lmao

legend02

Key Turtle - I'd junk that old legend. You don't even have the right hood on it. Half mxz, half legend. No wonder nothing works - lmao

Okay ilzr6, why didn't you sign up with your real name DITCH PICKLE, let me know when one of those ZR''s get to 10,000 miles and is still running. Remember last years trip, 11 sleds total , 7 Skidoo's made it home on their own power and 3 Arctic Cats didn't make it and one barely made it.

Right hood or not it still beat the pants off those ZR600' s

Last edited:

skidoo50

Hey Gary, Did you find a new sled yet?? You should have called me, I could have told you about the 2 relays.
If we get a little more snow, I'll be ridin the GSX.
Mark
Oh x2 on the zr's thats why I carry a tow strap.