06' Polaris Fusion Reviews

Cat_man

I've been told that the Liberty engines are the cat's meow, but the ride of the Fusion is nothing to write home about. Looking for some reviews from owners. This sled would be a trail sled, with a little off trail fun. Is it a poor handling sled?

roam

I had one..family got bigger so the sled had to go :( . Mine was the 600 and i loved it. I thought the handling and ride were both great. The steering is very heavy from stock compared to my edge, but that can be fixed. I put the '09 spindles and sly dog skis on mine. I've heard it can be fixed with shimming stock skis also. Overall it is a great sled, you can't go wrong with the 600 and I miss the **** out of it. Will miss it even more when I'm riding my xcr this year

Last edited:

jasono

I had an 06 600 fusion. Good sled. Ran great, very strong motor. Would beat my buddies 07 F6 cat everytime. Only issue I had with sled in 3500 miles was the chaincase repair/bracket. Only one blown belt at 2k miles.

Handling was fine if a bit of a workout, but I loved ripping well groomed twisty trails with it.

I never really got the suspension set up to my liking and it wasn't very good off trail in deep snow. But it's a shorty and if you want to play off trail alot, you should look at a crossover.

Cat_man

roam, sounds like I have good timing. going to upgrade to a nicer sled this year and at the same time my wife is getting the itch to have another kid. Better get this lined up fast before it's too late.

Hoosier

I have an 06 Fusion 600. I bought it 2 years old with 200 miles on it. I think it suffered from the neglect of the prior owner. It's a great trail sled. Great in the twisties or on the bumps. I think the suspension is great. I like the seat better than the one the IQs came with later. I like the look of it especially since there aren't that many out there.

This sled has been expensive for me, but mostly because I didn't do my homework and have the common problems addressed. First day riding it, the gas tank leaked (recall). 2nd day riding it, belt blew, and it continued to eat belts regularly. That took a while to fix but it ended up just being poorly aligned and I think it is now fixed. 2nd trip, the voltage regulator failed. Again, it's a common problem and they have an updated part that is inexpensive to replace, but it was a hassle on the trip because I lost my headlights. Next trip, the carb boots failed causing the complete engine to have to be rebuilt. Again, that turned out to be a very common Polaris problem, just an expensive one for me. Nothing that has broken on this sled should have been a surprise to me if I had done my homework and had it checked out. Just typical 1st year sled problems during that era when they rushed **** out the door to try to keep up with Doo.

I'd buy the sled again for the right price, but I'd keep my eye on the common problems. I would rather pay a little more and get an IQ a couple years newer, when they worked all the issues out.

Bergstrom skegs and spacers fixes the heavy steering problem. The track kinda sucks too for my use, but others might like it.

G

G

roam, sounds like I have good timing. going to upgrade to a nicer sled this year and at the same time my wife is getting the itch to have another kid. Better get this lined up fast before it's too late.

The biggest thing on those was the skis. Very heavy steering if left stock. Pol was fishing a little back in those days. The Fusion ended up being the transition sled between the old edge and what they are still evolving into. Under no conditions should you buy a larger displacement Fusion. They were an adventure into the abyss. You would still be better off with a newer IQ chassis sled. How about if you promise the wife twins if you can spend $2000 more?

Cat_man

No chance. Already have two kids, don't get me wrong, love them to death but three is the max for this guy. I have been told by others to go with the newer IQ chassis. My comeback is that compared to the 92' Cougar I am upgrading to a Rolls Royce no matter what direction I decide to go. Very tough for me to increase my budget by $2000 when a great year for me will be 500-600 miles.

whitedust

Fusions have a bad rap but 600 was best of the bunch. Lots of recalls & I don't know how a dealer would treat recalls now if they were not done may have timed out? IQ 600 much better sled & will be easy to sell to anyone & hold value well. Buying a Fusion could be a nightmare if recalls not complete. Better brands & models out there within your budget. Keep looking.:)

indy_500

I don't know how a dealer would treat recalls now if they were not done may have timed out?

Both of my local dealers that I spend hundreds of dollars at wouldn't do the gas tank recall on my sled, called up a dealer 45 min north of here and they said sure come on in! Never spent a penny there, and they did it without a problem. My tank was leaking bad too.

windingtrailgal

cat man - why you askin about a poo?? :)

I have a 700, my 13 yr old has a 600. My bro in law had the 900.

We have had no issues with these sleds at all. My 13 yr old complains not at all - but what does he know??It's what he really started riding on.
Me? I have struggled with finding the balance of this sled. I always figured it was cuz I learned to ride on the now old fashioned fat bottomed sleds from the 90's. I've had it for the past 2 seasons. No complaints about the suspension. What I have complaints with is a funky 'center.' I learned to ride with picks so i figure this may have a lot to do with it.
Overall? no complaints...

mride460

Fusion 600? GOOD!!! Fusion 900? BAD, VERY VERY BAAAAD!!!! The 900 Liberty was a junk motor. Nothing but problems, recalls, updates and burn downs!!!

Cat_man

Just looking for a decent sled in my price range. At this point I don't have an issue riding a Cat, Poo, or Ski.

mride460

Just looking for a decent sled in my price range. At this point I don't have an issue riding a Cat, Poo, or Ski.

Then your in luck!! All 3 companies make 2005 to 2008 bullet proof 600 class sleds that you can pick up right now for $4000 and under.
Just keep your eyes open, there are lots of great deals on great sleds out there.

whitedust

Fusion 600? GOOD!!! Fusion 900? BAD, VERY VERY BAAAAD!!!! The 900 Liberty was a junk motor. Nothing but problems, recalls, updates and burn downs!!!

Don't get suckered into 755 or 900 for cheap just because within your budget. 600 Ok... 755 or 900 was discontinued no recalls could fix them.

Cat_man

Now I am getting a lot of feedback from this site that I need to spend a little extra cash and get a rider forward sled. Decisions.....decisions.......money................money. Keep in mind that a great year for me will be 6-700 miles on the trails.

G

G

If you get something that is fun to ride and trouble free you might find yourself riding more than 6-700 a season. Sorry to ad fuel to the fire but sleds have really come a long way in the past few years.

Cat_man

Want to own because I live in MN, so hopefully we get another good season and I can ride around here. I plan on going to the UP, but hope to get more riding in MN as well. Have two young children, so riding every weekend all weekend will not fly. Want to be able to jump on the sled and ride when/if we get snow instead of just doing it 4-5 days a year renting. Just found a nice 06' Fusion 600 with 7000 miles on it. Man that is a lot, but it looks in good shape.

sledhead44

I have close to 10,000 miles on my 06' fusion 600 with very few issues other than the updates that have been covered. The 1st breakdown i ever had was last year when the impeller seal failed and caused the engine to heat up. Other than this issue it has been a great sled and very reliable, very happy with it. I even do alot of off trail riding and it does just fine.