'07 Jaguar Z1 flooding

I have a 2007 Z1 that has been giving me fits. It will flood as soon as I try to start it when it's cold (overnight). After I get it to clear out and idle , it runs fine, and won't act up until the next morning. Took it to the dealer in Marquette, and they could find nothing wrong. (No codes on the computer). The valves were checked and spark plugs changed. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas? Posted this on Arcticchat, but no replies so far. Thanks

raceinsnow

I have a Polaris FST and have not had that problem but I know it is a common problem on the four strokes.Iridium spark plugs would be the first thing I would try and then let it warm up to operating temp before you touch the throttle.Starting the sled up so your Friends can here what a four stoke sounds like and then shutting it down before it warms up will foul the plugs also.

I do let it warm up to operating temp. The problem is that as soon as I turn the key to start, it immediately floods. Not sure what type of plugs were put in it, but I know they were $12 apiece. The sled just started acting up this season, so must be a problem somewhere that wasn't there before.

indy_500

Cat does make an engine block heater. It's an inline coolant warmer. May want to try that ???

timmer72

I have a buddy with one of these machines too that had some similar problems.... It sounded really rich and didn't run really great, had poor fuel economy also. They said the oxygen sensor was bad. That probably should show up on the computer but ya never know.

woodi

I used 2 own 1 of those 2007 Z1 jags. It was 2 years old had 6,800 miles on it and was the best day of my life when I got rid of it.