09 summit upgrades

13below0

Whats are some must have upgrdes to these sleds? Im coming off a long tracked poo 600RR so if something got in my way I would just mow it down haha. I know the XPs are not built that tough so, whats out there for chassis bracing? I will probably do a clutch kit right away also. Have you guys riding these sleds at sea level been mesing with the gearing at all? thanks

92 coupe

Grip n rip makes some brace kits for the front end. Add a rpm composites skid plate and I think you'd be set in the front end. I put wrp boards on my renegade and really like em, they're pretty solid and help clean the snow out from under your feet. Maybe check out doodoctors floater kit for the secondary, helps with the belt life on xp's and some vents on the side panels. Just some quick ideas off the top of my head. You end up sellin ur iqr, that was a bad lookin machine.

Nick

doospunk

Whats are some must have upgrdes to these sleds? Im coming off a long tracked poo 600RR so if something got in my way I would just mow it down haha. I know the XPs are not built that tough so, whats out there for chassis bracing? I will probably do a clutch kit right away also. Have you guys riding these sleds at sea level been mesing with the gearing at all? thanks

Must have's (sp?) on my 09 summit XP =
1. Belly pan/skid plate
2. Quick disconnects for the sway bar
3. Scratchers
4. Aftermarket belt deflection adjuster - (Worth every cent!)
5. Aftermarket Can (Not for the noise, but accesibility to everything through the right panel)
6. Tunnel reinforcement kit. (Two buds with the same sled that don't have them are bent)

Other components that are nice but not absolutely necessary......
1. Quick Clickers - Simple and effective way to tune RPM's+ or - 300 r's
2. Tower Brace Kit
3. Shockwave adjustable Helix - (In addition to the clickers, this allows you to tune in the secondary on the fly as well for high and low alt. riding)
4. Tunnel rack kit to hold tanks/packs, etc
5. Switch stock skis inside out. (If you want an explanation PM me)
6. Aftermarket set of bars - (It's only my opinion, but the strength of the stock bars suck!! If you ever need to roll the sled in conditions that aren't bottomless, my experience has been that they bend always bend!! 3 times in a 12 month period)

Good luck. It's a great sled. I've been happy with it, and will be sticking with it until Doo comes out with something drastically different.

13below0

92 coupe, Yeah I sold the IQR, and thanks. I haven't rode a doo in years who makes a good vent kit that doesn't pop out? I will make alot of my own parts, but some of that bracing seems pretty cheap so I dont know that its even worth trying to do some of it myself. I will see how it handles without the sway bar I may just take it off if its not to bad.